chapter 1

Y/n L/n.  In Greece he is considered a good judge of character. He knows how people think and why they act the way they do. 

So when Eris throws the apple of discord at the wedding of Peleus and Thetis. The best judge of character would only naturally be chosen.  Y/n is summoned by Zeus to be the judge on who would get the apple.

As Y/n arrives he is immediately greeted by Zeus who explains his role.

Zeus: Y/n L/n. You are here to settle a debate. Since you are known for ability to determine characteristics: I wish you to decide who is the fairest of three goddesses.

Zeus places the apple into Y/n's hand.

Zeus: Whoever you pick will receive the apple. 

Y/n: Very well then, lord Zeus.

Y/n is taken to the three in question, as many will know: it is Hera, Athena and Aphrodite.  As expected the three will attempt to bride Y/n into their favor.

Hera approaches first.

Hera: Yes. I know who you are, a judge of people am I wrong? What better place to judge people then the throne? Pick me and I will give you the throne of Greece! 

Athena scoffs

Athena: That means nothing! Especially if you don't earn it. I will give you the wisdom to win every battle you fight. There will be no opponent that can outwit you.

Aphrodite chuckles.

Aphrodite: It is a fairly simple ordeal. I am the obvious choice. But! If you have doubts: in exchange for making the right choice. I will ensure that you have true love.

Y/n looks at the three goddesses. He seems to ponder for what seems like a century. Y/n shakes his head and turns his back to them, shocking the trio as he walks back to Zeus.

Y/n: Forgive me. But I can not make such a choice.

Zeus: Oh? And why is that?

Y/n: This is an unfair situation. I am one man who has preferences. What is seen as the most beautiful to me: might be seen as ugly to another. So I will have to withdraw from this ordeal.

Y/n holds out the apple of discord which Zeus takes into his hand. 

Zeus: Very well. I do see the logic in this decision. I am sure there will be many that will be happy to make a decision.

Y/n nods and goes to leave. However before he could exit, he is met by Aphrodite herself who managed to get ahead of him.

Aphrodite: Please, wait a moment. I wish to speak to you.

Y/n: Lady Aphrodite?

Aphrodite walks  a circle around Y/n, looking him up and down.

Aphrodite: I must say: it is strange of you to reject all three offers. Especially mine.

Y/n: My point remains true. This is not something one man should decide.

Aphrodite: Oh don't get me wrong, I see the logic. Doesn't mean I agree with your decision to withdraw.

Y/n: Forgive me if I seemed rude. It was not my intention.

Aphrodite smirks.

Aphrodite: Oh I wasn't offended. It is much sweeter to have a stalemate than to lose. Tell me something. What do you think about me?

Y/n: Pardon?

Aphrodite: You heard me. What. Do. You. Think. About. Me?

Y/n: Well. You are a woman born with vanity. You are worshiped because of beauty and hates those considered more beautiful. Despite the pompous attitude you give most, those close to you know the gentle side you have.  You do manipulate your way into situations to get your way, but you still show compassion to those you care for.

Aphrodite: My-My. Quite observant.

Y/n: Well the gods leave quite a trail to follow with their actions.

Aphrodite: I suppose that is very true.  Normally speaking to a god in such a manner would get you killed, but since I asked you it is alright.

Y/n: Is that all then?

Aphrodite: Not quite. I was actually quite moved by your understanding of beauty. Answer me one question, what is true beauty?

Y/n: True beauty does not exist. That would imply that there is one above all in beauty. After all if a person is as beautiful as a spring day but acts like a donkey's ass. They are not worth the trouble.

Aphrodite chuckles

Aphrodite: Well said! For this almost unexpected understanding, I will give you a free little gift. 

Aphrodite places her hand onto Y/n's forehead.

Aphrodite: With this blessing: the people will become calmer with you around. Cooling even the most dangerous of tempers. However...I will admit that it will not always work.

Y/n: Thank you. I will cherish this blessing and hope that it will come in handy.

Aphrodite backs up and smiles.

Aphrodite: I bid you farewell. You have been Intresting to me. Perhaps we will meet again.

Y/n nods as he walks away. 

It only takes a few days for Zeus to pick Paris of Troy to pick the fairest goddess. As expected, Aphrodite bribes her way to victory.

But as we all know, this would cause a war that would shake the lands of Greece and Anatolia. It will end and start many legends.