chapter 15

–Aiden–

‘Why couldn't he have just listened.’ I paced anxiously back and forth. I can't help but dread that something is going to go wrong, that our plan to get Ivy and the pup out while simultaneously taking down this eclipsed facility is going to fail.

I wish he had just listened to me! I know he worries for her, he's mistaken if he believes I'm not worried as well, but Ivy is in a bad place…

The rat bastard scientists here have her dancing in the palm of their hands. I know it's not her fault, she's just doing what she can to survive, I can't blame her for that.

but that's exactly why we can't trust her…at least not right now, she's on such a tight leash and shows complete obedience to the monster's who've hurt her, making her dangerous even for us.

it's why I've kept her at a distance, why I've refused to speak with her. because until we are out of this facility and she is out of their hands we can't trust her to help us.

Kassadin doesn't understand that. He didn't see what I saw— he doesn't understand just how bad it is…

stopping in my tracks I glance towards my brother's cage. He was sleeping now. After our argument he refused to speak to me, he believes I'm being unfair to Ivy…perhaps in a way I am. I don't want to shun her but I know what's at stake here, and I'm not willing to risk it. This is for the best, once she is safe I'll make it up to her.

I just hope she doesn't hate me for this…

As the door leading to the hallway opened I looked over and Kass awoke, raising his head as three soldiers entered the hanger. They approached Kassadin's cage and tossed a pair of shorts at his feet. “shift.”

one of them ordered. Kass looked down at the clothes before glancing at me.

I cursed internally. Part of me had hoped I was wrong but I knew I wasn't. she told them, now they were going to force us to give up all the information we knew.

My brother didn't say a word to me before starting to shift, it was uncomfortable in such a tight space but right now we didn't have much choice.

Once he finished shifting he glared at the soldiers and grabbed the shorts to put them on. 

they approached his cage, opening it up while keeping their stun batons ready. As Kass got out they ordered him to put his hands behind his back and pulled out some silver handcuffs. 

He eyed them wearily but did as he was told. the cuffs would prevent him from shifting back without breaking his arms. 

‘kass–’

‘I know.’ he glanced my way as they secured the cuffs. 

“Now move.” they shoved him towards the doorway and he growled back before doing as he was told. All I could do was watch.

 They walked over to the doorway and one of the guards pulled out their keycard to unlock the door but before they stepped through the threshold of the doorway however, an alarm started blaring and one of the guards' walkies came on. Everyone stopped to listen as an announcement was made saying that intruders had been detected within the territory and that the facility was under attack. 

It's time.

but strangely as the soldiers looked at each other, they seemed  surprised?

the soldier who had cuffed Kassadin looked up at him to see him smile before he lunged. 

Kassadin's shoulder rimmed the first guard into a wall, making him drop the keycard, before kicking it over to me. 

I quickly shifted as the other two pulled their weapons on kass and he faced off against them.