𝓣𝓮𝓪 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽𝔂

Tea parties are a must for the well-mannered. If you'd like to learn the proper etiquette, I'd be happy to teach you.

—Furina de Fontaine

She busted through the doors of the Uzumaki Cafe, located on the first floor of the Agency's building. Carrying the treats she bought, and a new packet of first-class English black tea.

Carrying a precarious stack of colorful boxes, each adorned with a delicate ribbon, and a new packet of first-class English black tea precariously tucked under her arm, Furina resembled a whirlwind of sugar and celebration.

"Congratulations on passing the exam, Atsushi-kun~! Now," she declared, her voice ringing through the cafe, "it's time for a proper reward – a victory tea party!"

"Now now Furina-chan," Dazai chuckled, "Not everyone likes tea parties, Kunikida here for example."

This made Kunikida clutch his ever-present notebook tighter, his glasses glinting in disapproval. "A proper detective" he muttered, muttering so low Atsushi wasn't sure if it was directed at Furina or himself, 'does not celebrate with frivolous indulgences."

Furina, however, was undeterred. She whipped around, a fiery glint in her eye. "Nonsense, Kunikida-kun! Even the sharpest mind needs a moment of respite. Besides," she held up a finger, a sly grin spreading across her face, "think of it as intel gathering. One can learn a lot about a person over a cup of tea and a slice of cake."

She turned towards Atsushi and beamed.

"I believe everyone here had introduced themselves, yes? Suppose I do the same."

She suddenly took her hat off and gave him a theatrical bow.

"Furina de Fontaine, very nice to meet you, Nakajima Atsushi-kun."

Her hat, a confection of fine clothes and shimmering tear-shaped gems, tumbled to the floor with a soft plop. Atsushi scrambled to catch it before it could be trampled underfoot, the absurdity of the situation momentarily eclipsing his surprise. He held the hat out to Furina, feeling the weight of all those expectant eyes on him.

"Uh, thank you, Furina-san," he stammered, his cheeks burning. "It's, uh, very nice to meet you too."

Furin snatched the hat back with a flourish, her grin widening. "Excellent! Now, where were we-"

"Would you strangle me with those fragile, delicate fingers of yours?" Dazai's voice rang up, flirtatious as he stroked the palm of the waiter.

Kunikida stormed over and punched him hard on the back of his neck. 

"Are you shaming the Agency already?! I'll wring your neck with those skinny fingers of mine!!!"

The cafe erupted into chaos. Dazai, sprawled dramatically across a booth, sputtered indignantly. Kunikida, his face flushed crimson with fury, took a menacing step towards Dazai, brandishing his notebook like a weapon. Atsushi, caught in the crossfire, flinched and clutched the precarious stack of treats even tighter, fearing a sugar-coated avalanche.

Furina, however, remained unfazed. In fact, she seemed to relish the commotion. With a theatrical clap of her hands, she silenced the room.

"Now, now, gentlemen," she said, her voice surprisingly firm despite her diminutive stature. "Let's not turn this joyous occasion into a brawl before the teacups even arrive. Surely, even the great Dazai Osam wouldn't want to sully this celebration with childish antics."

"Oh, by the way," Atsushi blinked as he placed all those boxes of treats onto a nearby coffee table, "What did you do before joining the Agency?" 

"Why don't you guess?"