CHAPTER 1

KOSOVO | Sunday, 22nd September.

It's a normal Sunday in Kosovo, a rainy evening, in one of the laboratories in there, or near there.
Scientists are working on something new as usual in the room A1, working on something that they classified as new, that has never been seen by the world before.
The room was full of papers with mathematical things written on them, or with different robotic projects, one of the many papers having the drawing of two liquids mixed together into a new acid one, also full of desks with different objects on them, a whiteboard on the wall, some sort of potions on the tables, well, just a normal laboratory.

Today it was the day to test the project about these two liquids, with some hesitation, the scientist Michael, wearing the usual lab coat, lab glasses and nitrile gloves went to get two flasks, a funnel and an empty reagent bottle, placing them on one of the only empty desks. He put the funnel on the reagent bottle, to make sure nothing would pour out while pouring the liquid there, then slowly poured a green liquid from the first flask into the bottle, after that, he carefully poured the purple one in the bottle too, but before he could even get away, the liquids started reacting, before just exploding, the liquids mixed together dirtying the whole room, floor, walls, well... what a mess. There was a short thing,, a short figure that seemed to be like a child, but probably wasn't, maybe they were just short. It stood there, staring up at the scientist Michael. The scientist stared down back, before starting to talk.

M: " hey?? What are you..? "

He said as he extended his hand to the thing, to the figure. The figure held a bit onto the hand, standing up, responding.
" Are you my father? "

Michael's first reaction was to be entirely shocked by that. FATHER?? He wasn't ready to be a father, especially father of a laboratory experiment that went wrong. He wouldn't accept this at all but, decided to still act like towards this child, he wouldn't want to be seen by rude, ungrateful by his co-workers or his own boss.

M: " Emh.. not exactly your father, but I guess.. I could be that.., "

He responded, before picking the thing up, it looked a small demon, yet an angel at the same time. Why did it have to be like this.
" What's this? "
The small thing said, curious already. They had no visible eyes or mouth, but could still talk and see easily.

M: " it's a laboratory, dear.. uh.. what could I name you- "

He thought before turning to look around in the room, seeing a poster with all of the planets and their names, but then, saw the probably perfect name.

M: " Saturn! Your name will be Saturn from now on, "

Michael said as if he said the smartest thing ever before turning back at the child,.

M: " guess it's time to show you the world, and you can even meet my co-workers and friends, but later, it's time to find a room for you, or maybe take you to my house for now. "

The scientist said. It would be a long evening, and night now.
Michael placed the child down on a chair, before taking off his coat, glasses and all of the things he had to wear in the laboratory, being rather quick.

M: " Now, we have to go. I don't think I can let anyone see you yet.. "

Michael said as he picked Saturn back up, walking out of the laboratory room, making his way down the empty hall, walking in a fast pace as Saturn looked around, it was unknown what they were feeling right now, but was surely surprised by their surroundings.

Meanwhile, it took a few minutes for Michael to walk outside and reach his car, taking out the car keys from his pocket, opening the car's door, sitting in the driver's seat while he set Saturn onto the passenger's seat next to him.

M: " we're going home now, alright? I promise nothing bad will happen. "

'Bad? What does this person mean with bad?' Saturn thought, it wasn't aware of the bad, dark side of the world yet.

Half an hour later, they reached the house, it looked like a small cozy ville, a few other minutes passed as Michael got out of the car with Saturn, walking up to the ville's entrance, entering, and settling up. The house was pretty big on the inside even if it looked small outside.

As Michael went to phone someone, Saturn just ran around the house in an excited way, wanting to explore, they had the brain of a child but still understood things like these, until they found a room, decorated for a child, maybe the scientist had a wife who was either pregnant or had an adopted child, but no one was there now. Saturn just decided to rest a bit so they sat down on a small armchair that was infront of a tv that played different cartoons, watching them calmly. Seeming interested.

Meanwhile, Michael who had finished his phone call after some time, just turned around, noticing that Saturn had disappeared.

M: " shit!- now what?- Not even a bit and that thing already disappeared?! "

Michael said as he started looking around, before realizing that the door of his child's room was open, did his wife come home with the child (because they went out with the wife's friends and their children) and he didn't notice? Probably. He peeked into the room, and watching as Saturn just rested, sitting on the armchair, staring intently at the tv that played the cartoons.

M: " oh.. phew. Thought it was gone. "

Michael just took some steps into the room, approaching the armchair Saturn was sitting on, before ruffling their hair.

M: " hey. I see.. you like watching cartoons.. well, have fun, but go to sleep soon, tomorrow's another day. "

Saturn nodded as Michael walked out of the room, leaving Saturn alone in there.

Saturn, now alone, looked up at a clock that was on the wall.
" wonder how that works,. I've never seen that.. "
Saturn had said quietly, standing up from the armchair to get the clock that was on the wall, it was a bit heavy but atleast they were successful into picking the big object up.
" maybe.. I can study it.. I can see how it's made but,... Probably.. later,, it's time to rest for now.. I'm a bit sleepy. "
Saturn said in a sleepy tone, but wasn't fast enough to get somewhere cozy as they just sat down into the corner of the room, where they got the clock, before drifting off into 'the dream world', aka going to sleep, with the clock in their hands.

This was just the first day.
Tomorrow's another day.