Chapter 14

"Because your love, your love, your love, is my drug. Your love, your love, your love!"I screeched, grabbing for the shampoo bottle.

Once I hopped out of the shower I put on my pjs and leaped onto my bed.
"RING! RING! RING!" I snatched my phone from my bedside table and answered the call.

"Hello?"I asked.

"Hi, Avery. Its your secret admirer. I need to speak with you a moment," a strange voice said.
"Uh, who is this?" I asked.
"Your secret admirer, I already told you!"the voice a was deep and unrealistic.
"Ok, I'm not quite sure how you got my number, but I've got to hang up now."
"Wait! Meet me at the park tomorrow night! By the lake!"the person said.
"Alrighty then," I said. I hit the "end" button on my phone to hang up.
I pulled up the covers over my body and curled up.

Every day during lunch I stick in the library to find something that could help me find home. Today I ate lunch as fast as possible and ran to the library.
I chose the computer I usually take and pressed on the Google icon. I searched up "Florida" and scrolled down. Almost all of the pages had already been visited. I flipped to the 4th page and clicked a brand new link.
I scrolled down, reading the text until-
"Boo."
"Aahhhhh!" I shrieked. My heart raced and I held my chest as I caught my breath. I wheeled my chair around and saw Harley.
He hunched over, laughing.
"You...should've seen...the look.."he couldn't finish.
I sat there with a flat expression. Watching him laugh like that put a small smile on my face.

The librarian cleared her throat.
"Enough!"she said to us.
"Sorry,"I muttered.

I glanced up at Harley. He still had that cheesy smile on his face.

"Uh, Harley?" I asked.
"Ya, what's up."
"Do you know anything about a secret admirer wanting to meet me
at the park?"I asked.
He just looked down at his wrist and said: "Sorry, it's time for me to get to class." and with that, he left.

I sat there laughing at him. The funny thing was, he didn't have a watch.