020.

TW: MENTIONS OF SA

i lean my head back as the water from the shower cascades down my front, oakleys hands gently massaging my scalp as he lathers shampoo in my hair. i then rinse it off before we finish off our shower together and i step out. i wrap a towel around me as he wraps one around his waist. 'where do you keep my clothes?' he asks me as i dry my face and start doing my skincare in the bathroom.

'uhh, i don't know. go in the wardrobe and check on the left.' i explain as he nods, walking out of the bathroom and going to look. i finish off my skincare before i start drying my hair, leaving it a bit dry before i braid it into 2 french braids and leave it like that. oakley then walks in, looking at his hair in the mirror as i watch.

'it's so long.' he complains before he looks at me as i look at his hair, feeling his hands on my hips as i reach up to his curls.

'do you want me to braid it?' i ask as he nods.

'if you want to.' he speaks as i kiss his jaw before taking his hand and walking him to my bed. i make him sit on the floor between my legs as i get the products i need before i start braiding it. 'what are we gonna do today?'

'i don't know, i can't be asked to do anything.' i speak as he nods.

the door then swings open, the gaggle of our friends walking in. 'oh em gee, nady nady nady.' ani repeats as she walks over and sits on her bed, opposite me and oakley. 'hi oakley.' she greets as he gives her a nod in response.

'oh my god, what what what?' i repeat, feeling a dip in the bed before a tap on my head as i look back and smile at cruz. 'hey.'

'he's not important, listen to me.' ani speaks as i laugh, finishing off oakley's braids and fixing them to look presentable.

'yes, princess?' i tease her.

'okay, so we were just down in the café for breakfast right, and vivienne was there—' she begins as oakley kisses his teeth and i groan just at the mention of her name. 'anyway, she was yapping about her dad or whatever i actually couldn't care less but then she mentioned something and guess what?'

'what?' i ask, furrowing my brows as i glance up at her before turning my attention back down to oakley's hair.

'her parents cut her off completely, AND, she has to stay here another year. therefore she won't be graduating with us.' ani says as i laugh a little.

'what goes around comes around i guess.' i say as they chuckle.

'indeed.' ani speaks.

'aww you look so cute.' i speak as i stand up, looking down at oakley as he presses his lips in a thin line.

'i let you do whatever you wanted to my hair, don't piss me off.' he mutters as i laugh.

'put it in a durag.' i speak as he shakes his head.

'oh my god, shake yo' dreads.' ani speaks before we break out into laughter.

'ay, shut up, it weren't that funny.' oakley speaks as ani and i continue laughing.

'they're gonna stay like that for about 2 minutes now.' cruz states as oakley kisses his teeth, going to the bathroom. he checks his hair in the mirror before taking one of his black beanies that he's left here before and pulling it over his hair.

'alright, chill out.' oakley mutters, as he comes back in the room and ani and i sigh, pretending to wipe tears as i get up and sit on my bed, looking up at him innocently. 'don't give me that look.'

i don't speak as i move over, waiting for him to join me before i get comfortable, laying my head on his shoulder as half my body weight is on his. 'okay, plans for the next 3 weeks?' noah asks as i feel oakley's hand on my hip, his thumb drawing circles as i feel my body relax. i kiss his jaw softly repeatedly before noah speaks up again. 'okay, okay, i get that i'm single but there's no need to rub it in.'

'sorry.' i say with a giggle as i rest my head back on oakley's shoulder. 'okay, anyway. are we doing anything for your birthday?' i ask, looking up at him.

'it's your birthday?' ani, manny, noah and cruz all speak at once as oakley nods.

'yeah, man.' he speaks simply.

'why didn't we know?' ani asks as he shrugs.

'it's just a birthday, it's not that deep. only reminds me that i'm getting older.' he shrugs.

'that's such a dad thing to say.' i mumble as i feel his chest vibrate with his laughter.

'she's not wrong.' noah speaks as i sigh, moving down so i'm laying on my side, half my body sprawled out onto oak's.

'comfortable?' he asks sarcastically as i close my eyes and hum in satisfaction.

'it's nap time.' i announce.

'you just woke up?' cruz speaks.

'so what? i'm tired. i didn't get barely any sleep last night.' i reply.

'i wonder why.' oakley mutters sarcastically as i gently hit his chest while i hear quiet laughters and snickers from the others.

'nadyyy!' i hear ani chirp as she joins me and oakley at our usual lunch table.

'aniiii!' i mimic as she sits down in front of me, her plate filled in front of her.

'are we going to church today?' she asks as i nod. 'okay great, i'll meet you after class?' she questions.

'okay, i'm going to my locker. you coming?' i ask, turning to oakley as i see his eyes already on me. he nods in response and i get up, saying bye to ani before we walk off to my locker together.

'you okay, baby?' he questions as i nod, feeling my heart warm.

'why wouldn't i be?' i ask, opening my locker as he's stood behind the door.

'i don't know.' he shrugs. 'just checking up on you.'

i nod with a small smile as i get my books out and put them in my bag as i feel a hand on my hip, trailing across my waist. 'what the—' i speak before i hear the lockers slam beside me.

'what the fuck is wrong with you?' oakley spits, as he grips up a guy i think i've seen before, holding him against the lockers.

'i—i didn't know she was your girl, man.' the guy sputters as oakley just kisses his teeth. by now, a small crowd had gathered by what's happening and i don't know what to do.

'oakley.' i mumble, but he doesn't listen, and eventually i see him take his fist back and punch the guy i finally recognise as jonathan in my maths class in front of him.

'mr caesar-su!' we all hear a booming voice as i see oakley's jaw clench and his eyes roll. 'my office. now!' he yells, the crowd dispersing as oakley reluctantly lets the stranger go before walking after greyson. i glare at jonathan before he hurries off, making me sigh. not this close to the end of the school year for fuck's sake.