It's ok to cry

Greta's POV

I couldn't find Soren anywhere. He promised me before he left that he would return after the battle. I looked around and asked all over the castle.

My confusion and concern must have been very noticeable, because Callum and King Ezran came up to me asking if I was ok.

"Hey Greta, are you ok?" Asked Callum.

"Oh, hello High Mage Callum. King Ezran. I'm fine I'm just looking for Soren. Do you know where he is?" I asked.

"No need for such dignified tittles. You can just call us Ezran and Callum." Said Ki- Ezran.

I smiled, nodding my head.

"I haven't seen Soren in while. Have you checked the rampart? He's probably doing lunges or something." Offered Callum.

"Thank you! Have a great day." I thanked and rushed to the  rampart.

I walked up the stairs expecting to see Soren doing some lunges with his sword as a weight but instead I heard...sniffles? I walked in to see Soren crying. I walked towards him.

"Hey Soren. You ok?" I asked, sitting down beside him.

"Oh, Hey Greta. Shoot, I forgot I was supposed to meet you. I'm sorry."

"Nonono it's completely fine!" I insisted. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm great! The war is over. Ezran alive. Peace is in the making. Zym is reunited with his mom. My dad is dead. And Claudia-" He winced at the sound of her name. "Nowhere to be found, along with my dad's body. Is it bad that I miss them?" He asked, looking up at me.

"Oh Soren, of course it is. They're your family." I put my hand on his shoulder.

"I really looked up at Da-Viren. I don't even think I can consider him my dad anymore. I felt as though I always had to prove something to him. But he manipulated me, manipulated everyone. And Claudia is nowhere found. They searched the entire battlefield for them. I know she wasn't always the kindest person but I really loved her. We had our moments. I really thought she would follow me when I fled my l dad turning everyone into lava monsters. I miss her," He explained. Tears soon spilled through his eyes. "They hurt so many people. I want to mourn them, but I feel like that would make me a traitor or something."

"Of course not. You were on the side of good and you changed. That's what matters." I hugged him and he returned my embrace. We sat there for what felt like hours of Soren just crying and me just listening to him.

He whipped his tears away. "Thank you. For being here and just letting me talk." He said standing up.

"Hey, I'm here for you, no matter what." I told him.

We looked over the wall to see a stunning sunset mixed with pastel colors.

"Pretty sunset."  Said Soren.

"Yeah." I replied, as I nudged my shoulder text to his.

We sat in a comfortable silence till the day became night.

This is my first official story! I'm so excited, tell me what you think in the comments. I will try to update as much as I can!