Chapter One

I wish we never sat next to eachother in 5th grade.

He lived a street down from me, but I never really noticed him until 5th grade. He was about my height (so, pretty short) with dirty blond hair and freckles. Although his hair had been cut too short because he hated how it stuck to his forehead. We became friends randomly, but quickly. We sat next to eachother in math, learning simple 5th grade multiplication. We both sucked at it, but it gave us something in common and something to laugh about. He liked to draw, and so did I, so instead of doing our work we would have drawing contests until the teacher separated us.

But I wish the teacher never sat us next to eachother in the first place.

I'm going into high school in three months, and I think I only have one friend. And it isn't him.
I could talk about Maddy for hours, about how amazing she is and how she's always there for me and how she never fails to make me laugh but, if this book was about her, there would be no climax, no plot twist because she is the greatest and always has been.

So
This story is about him,
Ollie
No.
Oliver.

It's been only 2 months and 3 days until my hole world came crashing down. So maybe that's why I'm here. Writing this, instead of moving on.

I liked him in 5th grade, only just a little bit though, only off and on. He made me laugh, and he was the only boy that would actually talk to me. I was not very talkative or pretty at age 10. Brown, greasy, messy hair always pulled into a bun with to stringy strands falling down my face on either side. But he talked to me, and I talked to him, and eventually we became friends.

But the summer before seventh grade is when it all became real. We practically hung out every single day of that summer. The sunsets were always filled with laughter and flirting. We talked about what would happen if we kissed but never actually did. He made me so nervous to the point where I couldn't eat anything for a week.

"I think you have love sickness!" Maddy would taunt. I would roll my eyes and diss miss it. I knew that I was way too young to ever know what love was. How silly! Being in love at the age of 12?! No, it was just an overpowering crush full of lust.

Nearing the end of the summer, all of Ollie's-
Ahem.
Nearing the end of the summer all of Oliver's friends and mine met up at the church near all of our houses. The sun barely sat above the mountains and the most frequent sounds where laughs and rings of our phones of which our mothers reminding us to come home before dark.

"I dare Aleise and Oliver to kiss!" Maddy and a few other friends chanted.

Oliver and I shared a glance, and my face turned red, but not as red as his.

"Come on guys! We knowww you two are in loveeee" Maddy giggles. I try to hide my smile. Part of me, actually, all of me hoped that he would kiss me, and it would be just like how I saw in movies.

"I'm down if your down, Aleise." He said shyly, trying to act brave.

"Why not?" My heart never felt so fast.

We stood up off the grass, got reallll close, I already could picture the sparks anddddd...

ew.

What the frick what's that?

I think he kissed my top lip.

It felt disgusting and weird.

I never want to kiss someone again.