iii. caught liking

As the day wound down, Mira returned home, the sun casting a warm, golden glow over the quaint house she shared with her family. Pushing open the front door, she was greeted by the familiar sounds of music drifting through the air, mingling with the savoury aromas emanating from the kitchen.

"Hey, Amara," Mira called out, stepping into the living room where her sister was sprawled on the couch, earbuds in, bobbing her head to the beat of a song. Amara looked up and gave a quick wave, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Hey, sis! How was the studio today?" Amara asked, pulling out one earbud to hear Mira's response better.

Mira shrugged, a smile playing on her lips. "It was good. Busy as usual. Oh, and guess who showed up again?"

Amara's eyes widened with curiosity. "Who?"

"Shubman," Mira replied, a hint of amusement in her voice. "He came in all flustered, saying he needed to buy some brushes."

Amara raised an eyebrow, a knowing grin spreading across her face. "Brushes, huh? Sounds like someone has a little crush."

Mira felt a blush creep up her cheeks, though she tried to brush off her sister's teasing. "Oh, stop it. He was just being nice."

"Sure he was," Amara said, winking playfully. "Did he ask for your number?"

Mira hesitated, then nodded. "Yeah, he did. Yesterday."

Amara's grin widened. "And did you give it to him?"

"Maybe," Mira replied, trying to hide her smile.

Before Amara could tease her further, their mother called out from the kitchen, her voice warm and inviting. "Mira, is that you? Dinner's almost ready!"

Mira made her way to the kitchen, the comforting scent of spices and herbs filling the air. Her mother stood at the stove, stirring a pot of curry, her movements fluid and practised.

"Hi, Mom," Mira greeted, stepping up to give her mother a quick hug. "It smells amazing in here."

Her mother smiled, her eyes crinkling at the corners. "Thank you, dear. How was your day at the studio?"

"It was good," Mira replied, leaning against the counter as she watched her mother cook. "Busy, but good."

"That's wonderful to hear," her mother said, a note of pride in her voice. "And did anything interesting happen today?"