Part 1

No one truly knows how it all began, only that the first creature emerged in a subway tunnel beneath New York City. It appeared humanoid, but its decayed flesh revealed bone beneath, emitting a putrid odor of decay. Initially sluggish, it moved as if lacking proper motor function, dragging one foot behind. People kept their distance, terrified, but some were drawn to test their bravery by approaching it.

Authorities swiftly closed off the subway tunnels to prevent curious onlookers from getting too close. Despite efforts to secure the entrances with gates, some still attempted to breach the barriers. The situation escalated when a group of teenagers, seeking to capture the encounter for a livestream, provoked the creature. It attacked, biting into one boy's shoulder and causing severe injury. Shocked and paralyzed with fear, the others could only watch helplessly as their friend was harmed.

As the creature turned its attention to the remaining two, panic ensued. Moving with a swiftness previously unseen, it inflicted further injuries before the victims could react. The agonized cries echoed through the tunnels, drawing the attention of bystanders on the street above. Despite attempts by a few courageous individuals to intervene, the situation quickly spiraled out of control.

Before their eyes, the horror multiplied. Three creatures emerged: two standing upright while one crawled on the ground. Unlike the original, these newcomers bore no signs of decay; instead, they appeared freshly deceased, their lifeless eyes sparking realization among the onlookers. The creatures seemed to have evolved, moving more fluidly and shedding their initial clumsiness.

Terrified witnesses retreated, horrified by the unfolding chaos. The livestream of the attack spread rapidly, igniting global interest in the crisis. In response, the U.S. government sealed off all access points to the city, constructing walls and blockades to contain the threat within.

Over time, the infected population grew, outnumbering the remaining survivors. New York City became a wasteland, overrun by the undead. However, amidst the chaos, one woman managed to escape before the city was sealed off. Witnessing the horrors firsthand, she resolved to unravel the mystery behind the creatures' origin.

Years later, Dr. Sandra Daniels, now a renowned scientist, spearheaded a bold initiative to establish a research lab within the heart of the infected zone. Recognizing the danger, the government enlisted the aid of three enigmatic mercenaries, known only as Hades, Loki, and Anubis. Equipped with advanced weaponry and armor, the mercenaries, along with a contingent of military personnel, ventured into the city to safeguard the doctor and aid any survivors.

Their mission: to collect samples, study the creatures, and uncover the truth behind the cataclysm that befell the city that never sleeps. Central Park would serve as their base of operations, with Belvedere Castle providing a fortified stronghold. The Great Lawn would be repurposed for supply drops, while the park's natural features would be utilized for defensive measures.

As they braced themselves for the perilous journey ahead, the fate of New York City and its remaining inhabitants hung in the balance, awaiting the outcome of this daring endeavor.