𝐂𝐇.𝟔: 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐄́ 𝐀𝐙𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐇 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍

𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀 📍𝟏:𝟑𝟎 𝐏𝐌

𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀 📍
𝟏:𝟑𝟎 𝐏𝐌

"How's Devyn doing?" Janaé asked Moriah as they continued working on paperwork in their office.

It had been about 5 days since the whole incident with Devyn and Cash, and since Dayvon confessed to Janaé, and everyone was a bit on edge, but slowly moving forward.

"She's still hurt, to say the least. She won't eat or sleep, but she's still taking care of Korah well. I have to pry the baby from her arms just to get her to attempt to eat. She's shaken up, as she should be, and needs this time to heal." Moriah explained and Janaé nodded in understanding.

"Yeah, that's understandable. I'd be sick as fuck if some shit like that happened to me, I just want her to know that I'm here for her, and she's welcome to stay with me." She replied while placing her stack of paperwork inside a folder, and turning to face Moriah completely.

"She definitely knows that, I just don't think she wants to intrude on you and Dayvon." Moriah softly added, as if Janaé was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.

"She don't wanna intrude on me and Dayvon?" She laughed in disbelief, but Moriah nodded with a serious look on her face.

"Dayvon doesn't even live with me, and at the end of the day she comes first before him, no matter how I feel about him. Matter of fact, I'm gonna go see her after work today, because I really don't want her thinking I'm putting him before her." Janaé rambled worriedly, genuinely feeling upset by her friend's words.

Never in their decade long friendship did she put a man before her friends, and she wasn't about to start.

Now she did have to admit that she spent a lot of time with Dayvon, and didn't really check up on Devyn like she should've been. But she was going to fix it, and that's all that mattered.

"Yeah, do that. She's not mad at you or anything, but she doesn't just need me in this situation, she needs you too just as much. We can leave together after work and take her some food or something." Moriah said with a smile, and a part of her was relieved in that moment she and Janaé were friends.

Whenever a problem was brought up, she never got defensive, she just worked to fix it and move forward.

"I love you, Nae Nae!" Moriah said while hugging Janaé tightly, in which she returned while laughing. "I love you too, girl."

Their friendship seemed to get stronger day by day, because of how well they handled things. And not a lot of people could say they were mature enough to do that.

That's why they were best friends, and always would be. They put each other first.

"It's lunch time, I think Quan is bringing me something. I gotta' call him real quick." She said as she pulled away from the hug and pulled out her phone, and placed it up to her ear. "Ima' ask Dayvon to bring me food, cuz' I forgot my lunch at home."