Chapter Seven: High Noon

Letum watched as the sun slowly moved to its apex in the sky. He took a deep inhale through his snout, and flexed his muscles. He reached behind his back and pulled the tow, double headed, battle axes from their holster. The sun's rays danced along the black tungsten heads of the axes. The intricate designs engraved into the hard metal, shown depictions of Sobek. The ancient Egyptian God of the Nile stood proud amongst the papyrus plants. Letum gave them battle axes a quick once over, as he gave them a few practice swings. The axes were built to withstand the incredible force of his strength in mind. In the "backside" of each ax was a hammer-like face. Mostly used for bashing, or smashing armor or shields. Each ax was close to 3ft from toe to knob, top to bottom, and it was all 1 piece of tungsten. Save for the custom threading located beneath his hands. Each ax weighed around a hefty 30 pounds each, but with super strength and years of intense training. They felt just right in his hands, and if he looked at the very bottom of each ax, he would see A.I.W. 

"Don't worry Alice, today I will show you my wonderland." He whispered as a smirk slowly crossed his face.

"Is he praying?"

"Letum prays?"

"One should not judge."

"No, yes, and very wise words. Sometimes I question how old Satet is. Khnum, have you ever read stories where the knight in shining armor kisses a handkerchief that a loved one gave him?"

"Yeah, it's like saying goodbye. Just in case he dies in battle. Are you saying that Letum thinks that we're gonna kill him?"

"Oh, fuck no. For all purposes, that is Sobek. For the Nile has risen, and the papyrus blows, for it is Sobek's Ax that will split you head to toe."

"That's a nice poem Zuon."

"Why thank you Anuket, but the person who created it is none other than Graegus. She's the only person alive to have seen him use those in combat."

"You shouldn't focus on the past, when we got to fight Sobek of the Nile. Zuon, it's time to start," Graegus said as she walked towards Letum.

"Yes, mam."

Anuket whispered to Zuon, once Graegus was out of ear shot.

"Why aren't you attacking hand in hand since you also have super strength?"

"1. His strength is stronger than my own.

2. Even if we had the same level of strength, his technique is on par with Graegus.

Lastly, he is the only person that has fought against her 1v1, and walked away without a scratch."

"So, you're afraid?", said the triplets.

"A cat likes to eat fresh fish, but it will not go into the water."

With those words, Zuon let loose three smoke bomb arrows up into the sky. The heavy arrows arched up, and quickly came down towards Letum. The heavy arrow head made the arrows trash at distance, but they were within 30 yards of their target. He just had to get them close enough to blind Letum. 

Letum stood perfectly still as the three arrows landed around him. One on his left, one on his right, and the last one landed right in front of him. The last thing Zuon saw before the clouds of smoke enveloped Letum was a toothy smirk.

"Mask up, and get into position Cerberus. Graegus will give y'all the signal, when she's ready."

The triplets all slid the masks into place, and took off in three separate directions.

Zuon watched as Graegus pulled the Daisho pair from their sheath and walked into the black cloud.

"I take it that the others don't know about the extent of your plan?"