Chapter 49: Is Lin Quan Injured? Guardiola Can't Sit Still

Thank you for the support, friends. If you want to read more chapters in advance, go to my Patreon. 

https://www.patreon.com/johanssen10

Chapter 49: Is Lin Quan Injured? Guardiola Can't Sit Still

"Let's take a look at this play."

Inside the CCTV studio, when they saw Werder Bremen suddenly speeding up for a counterattack, He Wei and Xu Yang were both visibly excited.

"Pledder successfully intercepted the ball and passed it to De Bruyne. Dortmund is backpedaling at full speed! De Bruyne's pass is beautiful, with great penetration. Dortmund's defense line is in danger!

Lin Quan receives the ball, dribbles past Leitner, and then gets past Gunter. These moves are clean, leaving the defenders probably frustrated!"

"Clear shot opportunity, he's about to shoot! Oh, he's brought down!"

Xu Yang quickly spoke up:

"We don't know how the referee will rule on this. Dortmund's center-back Hulmes tackled Lin Quan from behind. Regardless of whether he touched the ball, it's a dangerous move. There's a possibility of a card here. If he touched the player first, it could be a red card plus a penalty!"

"The referee has made a decision, he's awarded a penalty and given Dortmund's number 15, Hulmes, a red card. Although Hulmes has been explaining to the referee that it wasn't intentional, the referee doesn't seem inclined to change his decision, just signaling for him to leave the field."

"Dortmund's players look very excited, they're surrounding the referee, seemingly protesting the decision."

"It seems like Lin Quan is injured, Werder Bremen's players are all rushing into the penalty area!"

Compared to the referee's decision, He Wei is more concerned about Lin Quan's injury:

"Lin Quan seems to be seriously injured. He hasn't moved since he fell, and we don't know the extent of the injury yet. Hulmes's red card is justified based on the tackle."

"Yes, these kinds of tackles from behind are very dangerous for players because they can't see the tackle coming and it's difficult to evade in time. Once tackled, they're highly likely to get injured, even career-threatening ones!"

After expelling Hulmes, the referee went to check on Lin Quan, who was lying on the ground, and after a moment, signaled for a stretcher to come and carry him off.

Werder Bremen's medical team rushed up immediately, seeing Lin Quan's painful expression, they were alarmed and quickly asked:

"Lin, how do you feel?"

Lin Quan actually wasn't injured much; he noticed the tackle coming, so he made a preemptive move to dodge it. Although he was still brought down, he managed to avoid direct harm.

The main reason he couldn't get up was that after the intense sprinting, he suffered a cramp in his thigh, coupled with fatigue, he couldn't get up immediately.

After understanding this, the medical team breathed a sigh of relief.

They quickly helped Lin Quan straighten his legs and relax his muscles.

Cramps after exercise weren't a big problem, but they were quite uncomfortable.

The home fans booed Lin Quan, thinking he was diving, and protested the referee's decision as unfair.

But at this moment, the big screen replayed the scene just now, shutting their mouths.

On the big screen, Hulmes's tackle from behind clearly didn't touch the ball, directly kicking Lin Quan.