chapter twenty

Kaden's POV

Starla started showing in her fifth month. She wasn't that big but had a baby bump. I worried for her health and the baby's. She cried a lot at night, her mind on her grandfather and his health. I knew going back up there was dangerous for us, but I also knew that she needed her family, and at this time, Grandpa Starvroce and Moria were the only family she had.

I had to plan it out where only certain ones would know we were moving and where we would be. My first call was to the doctor to make sure it was safe for Starla. Once he gave me the ok, I started planning my next move, calling Grandpa Starvroce.

"Grandpa Starvroce, this is Kaden," I tell him

"What do I owe the pleasure of this call?" he asked

"I understand you have made Starla promise not to see you. But sir, I really think for her health it would be better if we came up for a visit. "

"But you already know it's too dangerous."

"I promise, sir. I am taking extreme precautions to get there as safely as possible," I tell him

"I don't like this, you say for her health," he says

"She's been very unhappy lately crying at night. I'm afraid it's going affect her over all health and the baby's, " I tell him

"I understand. What kind of protection have you made for her travels here?" he asked

"I'm afraid I'm not allowed to speak about that over the phone, sir. But rest assured, no one will know we are coming or going. Only a few are going to be invited to meet up with us. "

"Ok, here at my house," he asked

"Yes sir, I'll send gaurds out first thing, so don't be alert when they stop by. My mother is coming up before us. Moria Martin will also be there. I will arrange for them to come at different times. And don't worry about police I have already talked with them everything has been arranged."

"I will let my staff know then to be expecting them," he tells me

"Thank you for this, Grandpa. Starla misses you so much. "

"I miss her as well, so this isn't just for her son it's for me too,"

I smile. "Of course, I'll keep in touch. Take care. "

After my talk with Grandpa Starvroce, I call my mom. Like any mother, she was excited to finally be able to see us. I told her the plans that were made, and then I made my final call. It would be the first time calling Moria Martin, but this was important for Starla.

"Hello," she answers

"Moria, it's Kaden," I say

"Oh god, is everything alright?" she asked, sounding nervous

"We're fine, I need you to listen to me,"

"I'm going give you a number, and you need to call it," she says

"Ok."

She rattles off a number and then hangs up right fast. I dialed the number she gave me and again she answered.

"As soon as y'all went missing, dad had our phones tabbed," she tells me. "I got this one just in case."

Smart girl "What about Grandpa's phones?" I ask

"Grandpa wouldn't allow it," she tells me

"Ok, listen, I need to know if you can keep your mouth shut."

"Really, I literally just bought a phone so I could talk to my best friend. What do you think?"

"This is important, Moria."