Chapter 21

June 22nd, 2016

Y/N's POV

Nat rushed to put her coat on. "Come on Babe we gotta go."

I was already dressed. "Nat, I told you I can't sign those accords. I can't...I don't know how you even agree to this when-"

She turns around. "This isn't about the accords. "Yes I'm going to Vienna but that's not for another few hours. Steve needs a friend right now. So are you coming with me or not because we've gotta go." She explains, her tone more serious than ever.

I was too stunned to even speak. "Okay. I'm coming with you." I grab my coat and slip my boots on.

We both boarded the quinjet.

She flicks the controls on. "Plus you think I'd let you wear that to a governmental signing?' She scoffs playfully.

"Heyyy what's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

I'm glad we didn't get into too much of an argument about the accords today. We both respected each other's opinions. Even if one of us is wrong...Nat.

_ _ _ _ _

I followed Natasha into the chapel where Steve was just, standing there. All alone in his thoughts. I mean I can't imagine what he's going through right now...

Standing in the back, I watched as natasha engaged in conversation with him, trying to keep it lighthearted. Eventually she pulls him into a tight embrace, that's when he finally broke down.

What do I do?

I can't comfort him.

I'm not a person of comfort, I mean I still barely know Steve I guess. She's known him for years I've only known him for 2? If that...

I just feel so distant from them. And I'll always be the outsider, no matter what.

I'll always stand out.

Never fit in.

"You're worthless."

I froze at the voice echoing in my mind. I'm...worthless.

"You have no place in this world."

"I have no place in this world..." I whispered.

I walk out of the chapel, pacing and circling around. He's in my head. 

Get out of my head.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!! IM DONE BEING YOUR PUPPET!!!" I screamed.

All of a sudden the voices stopped. And I heard only one? Loud and clear, clear as day.

"I'm always watching you...Moya doch'..." (my daughter)

I look around. I hear him. No...no he can't be here I'm safe. He'd never find me again....right?

I run back into the chapel. "Nat!! Nat!!" I yell out running towards here and Steve who were now sitting down talking.

"Hey hey calm down what is it?" She says standing up and facing me.

"D-Dreykov! He's outside! He's here! I just heard him he's-"

She cuts me off. "He's dead. He's not going to hurt you. He's not alive anymore, I promise." She pulls me into a hug.

"I know what I heard." I pull away from the hug.

She was a bit taken back by the fact that I pushed away from her hug. "I'm not calling you a liar but I promise you he's not out there."