Chapter 1

The dark sky was being lite up by the fireworks exploding as the clock struck midnight on New Years. I was all alone on the balcony of my friends house. Tons of people packed into a tiny space all partying, the bass shaking the floor. The song 'Feel This Moment' blaring, I turned around as I heard the door open. It was a guy, he had dark curly hair, somewhat short. He walked over and stood next to me. I looked over at him and he smiled at me, so I smiled back. I turned back to the sky and he was still there.

        "Hey, my name is Luke. What is your name?" He asked smiling, I couldn't help but to smile back. It was so contagious.

        "My name is Ashley." I said smiling "Isn't the sky beautiful?" I stared at him then back at the sky. The stars were gleaming.

         "It is. looks like its almost midnight. Guess I'm spending it with you." he said smiling.

         "I guess you are." I laughed "I don't know why I came anyways. I've been lonely all night."

          "Yeah, same here." he laughed "My brothers made me come, thought I could get it good with some girl I don't know."

          "Why did they want that?" I asked "Did you just get out of a bad relationship?"

           "Yeah." he said "Why did your friend bring you here?"

           "I had a terrible break up." I whimpered "We were together for 3 years. And to find out, the whole time we were dating, he was sleeping with my older sister who is now in college."

            "Wow, that's harsh." he said cringing "I would have killed my brothers if they did that to a girl as nice as you are."

            I laughed and looked at the sky as the Fireworks died down. I looked down at my phone I had 3 missed calls from Jessy, my sister. But I didn't feel like talking to her, I saw the time. 12:03.

           "Here have my number, call me sometime." He said smiling.

            He grabbed my phone and added him to my contacts.

            "Luke, you seem really nice." I said smiling "Maybe I should meet the so called brothers of yours."

            "You don't have to deal with the torture." He laughed "They are probably drunk anyways. Well at least one of them."

             "Oh, I see." I laughed

             "Need a ride home?" he asked "I surely don't mind. I bet your friend is to drunk to drive anyway and will spend the night here."

              "I would love a ride home." I laughed "Thanks for all you do. Your really sweet."

              "I don't mind. You seem extremely sweet too." He said smiling.

               I blushed and smiled at my feet. I saw Luke's hand come close to my face, he pulled the hair out of my face and smiled at me. 

             "Ready to go?" Luke asked. I nodded and started following Luke to his car. 

             "Luke?" I asked, slightly whispering. "Can I ask you something?"

             "Sure, Ashley." he said smiling "You can ask me anything."

             "Luke, I really like you." I said blushing

             "I like you too." he said blushing too "That's why I came outside to talk to you."

             "Really?" I asked staring at Luke. I stared into brown eyes, I stared at his face, he is completely perfect. But I just got out of a horrible relationship, my heart still aches that I spent 3 years with a guy I thought I loved but he never loved me. I was scared to love Luke, I didn't want to fall in love with him and him not feel the same way.