Chapter 1

In a small alleyway in Gotham city, two slightly shaken teenagers stumble out of a colorful, nebulous, explosion of blues, golds, and purples. One, a fem-presenting person with bright pink; curly hair, pale skin, a black mask, and large colorful earrings. The other, masc-looking with dusty blue hair, tan-ish skin, a shark tail, and other shark-like features; dorsal fin, gills, etc, etc..

As the two teenagers fall out, the one appearing like a shark starts violently vomiting to the side. The other is watching him, slightly laughing. "You alright over there Sharkie?" They mock playfully.
"Fuck off Neb." Glares 'Sharkie'
"How could you, I'm sooo wounded" 'Neb' gasps in a tone of faux hurt
"Uh-huh, sure, whatever you say Nox"
"Oh ease up Mason, you know I'm only kidding"

Mason rolls his eyes. He wipes his mouth and dusts himself off. "Let's go home so I can shower and clean up" Mason groans with a slight hint of annoyance in his voice
"Alright, alright" Nox chuckles "Let's get home then"
"Finally" Mason replies with an exasperated sigh

They emerge from the alleyway, walking south to a rough-looking neighborhood. They approach a run-down apartment building and walk in. An older woman glances up from the book she was reading and watches the two teens as they walk straight past the front desk and up the stairs into a small apartment on the 3rd floor. Nox opens the door and they walk in, the apartment isn't all too decorated, there are some boxes scattered around and 2 beds with very different themes on them. One with outer space covering it, planets, stars, and asteroids; the other, decorated with a deep sea theme, sharks primarily.

"I'm going to take a quick shower, okay Neb?" He asks already taking off his flannel, unbuckling his belt, and walking towards the bathroom.
"Yeah alright" Nox calls back

Nebula's point of view

I watch as Mason walks to the bathroom and I turn to the kitchen with the intent of making dinner. After putting a pot of water on to boil I open a cabinet, pull out a box of noodles and a jar of red sauce. I place them onto the counter and then I go into the freezer, grabbing some meat and putting it under the sink nozzles with hot water spewing out of its holes.

As I begin to finish making the pasta I hear a knock at the door. "Hm? wonder what that could be.." I mutter to no one in particular. I get up and walk over to the door. I'm looking through the peephole as Mason walks out of the shower into the living room dressed in his hero costume, a black wet suit that stops just above his knees and gloves with spiked knuckles. "Who's at the door?" He questions, walking up beside me
"Nobody apparently" I mutter
"Open it just in case?"
"I suppose"

We open the door and standing at our feet is a wrapped present. Mason picks up the present and it automatically blows up with confetti and glitter and pink dye, making Mason look like a walking Barbie doll.

Sharkboy point of view

"Oh goddamnit." I say in utter defeat. I hear Nox burst out laughing. "OH MY GOD" Nox laughs out in between breaths. I look at the ground to see the remains and there's a piece of paper that says 'From Bluejay, your arch nemesis ' "OH. MY. GOD." Nox repeats, still cackling.
"Oh my fucking god it's that dipshit bluejay AGAIN."
"No fucking way it says 'arch nemesis'" Nox wheezes
"I swear to God." I storm off, cleaning myself off in the bathroom murmuring curses. After cleaning up I walk back out to see Nox mopping up the floor. "Oh good you're back" he sighs handing me the mop "I'm gonna go change out of my civies so we can go see the others yeah?"
"Okay, I'll also finish dinner for you so we can eat then skedaddle"
"Thanks"

I quickly finish mopping and go over to the kitchen, grabbing out 2 bowls and 2 forks. I pour the sauce into the drained pasta and mix its delicious lookin' self all up and dish some out to both Nox and I. They return from the bathroom changed into their hero costume, dark, long flowy pants and shirt over a kevlar body suit, they throw a zip up hoodie on so that they look normal while walking to the titans tower.

We eat quickly and put our dishes in the sink before leaving the house and making our way to the Titans Tower to see our teammates and friends for the first time in 3 months.

_________________________________________

788 words!, hopefully this isn't too bad lol