chapter 11: Fides' graduation

On the other hand, Fides was preparing for her milestone. She was on the verge of completing her master's degree, a significant achievement that reflected her dedication and perseverance. As she finalized the details for her graduation, she decided to call her parents to share the exciting news.

Sitting by the window of her apartment, Fides dialed the familiar number and waited as the phone rang. Her father, Doc Raphael, answered first.

"Hello, sweetheart!" Doc Raphael's voice was warm and filled with love. "How's my accomplished daughter doing?"

Fides smiled, feeling a rush of affection. "Hello, Papa! I'm good. I have some great news to share. I've finalized the date for my graduation from my master's program."

There was a moment of silence, and then she heard her father's voice catch slightly. "That's wonderful, Fides! Your Mama and I are so proud of you. When is the big day?"

"It's in three weeks, Papa," Fides replied, her excitement bubbling over. "I can't wait for you and Mama to be there. It means so much to me."

"Of course, we'll be there," Doc Raphael said, his voice thick with emotion. "You've worked so hard for this. Your Mama is going to be thrilled. Let me get her on the line."

There was a brief pause, and then Fides heard her mother's voice, full of joy and anticipation. "Fides, sweetheart! Your Papa just told me the news. We're so proud of you! Tell me everything—when is the graduation, and what are the plans?"

Fides felt a warm glow as she spoke with her mother, Atty. Alyza. "Mama, it's in three weeks. The ceremony will be held at the university, and I was thinking we could have a small celebration afterward with close family and friends."

Atty. Alyza's laughter was like a soothing balm. "That sounds perfect, sweetheart. We'll start planning right away. You've achieved so much, and we want to celebrate every moment with you."

Fides felt a wave of gratitude wash over her. "Thank you, Mama. I couldn't have done it without your support. I'm so excited for you both to be there."

As they continued discussing the details, Fides felt a deep sense of fulfillment. Her parents' pride and happiness mirrored her own, and she knew that this milestone was a testament to not only her hard work but also the unwavering support and love of her family.

After ending the call, Fides leaned back in her chair, gazing out at the city skyline. The future seemed bright, and she felt ready to embrace the next chapter of her life with the same determination and passion that had brought her this far. With her parents by her side, she knew that anything was possible.

As the day of her graduation approached, Fides's excitement grew. She looked forward to celebrating this achievement with her parents, knowing that their shared joy would make the moment even more special.

Graduation day...

The campus buzzed with excitement as students, faculty, and families gathered to celebrate the momentous occasion. Fides stood with her fellow graduates, the anticipation of the ceremony filling the air. She wore her graduation toga with pride, the culmination of years of hard work and dedication.

In the crowd, Fides's parents, Doc Raphael and Atty. Alyza, and older brother, the triplets- Erros, Kratus, Virtus and the two of her triplet- Hera and Tyche were all present... Eagerly scanned the sea of caps and gowns, searching for Fides. Finally, they spotted her, and a wave of emotion swept over them.

As Fides approached them, Atty. Alyza couldn't hold back her tears. She embraced Fides tightly, her heart swelling with pride and joy. "Oh, Fides," she said, her voice choked with emotion. "I'm so proud of you. Seeing you in your graduation toga is one of the happiest moments of my life."