chapter 20: the session

Andrei, driven by a quest for understanding, had commissioned investigators to uncover details about Fides over the past five years. The findings revealed that Fides had completed a master's degree and achieved substantial success as a highly paid model, endorsing products on billboards, in magazines, and on runways. Notably, she had been romantically linked to a European prince, seen together during vacations such as one in the Maldives.

Moreover, Fides owned a hate and anger management club with branches across Europe and the U.S., gaining recognition, particularly among the affluent. The club offered a distinctive service where individuals could schedule sessions to release pent-up emotions in a controlled setting.

Discovering Fides's diverse accomplishments and her innovative business venture fascinated Andrei, especially regarding the club and its impact on its members.

Andrei's interest in Fides's hate and anger management club deepened his curiosity. The concept seemed fresh and intriguing, providing a venue for people to release bottled-up emotions in a structured environment. He wondered about Fides's inspiration for starting such a venture and how it had expanded to include locations across Europe and the U.S., attracting a clientele from the upper crust of society.

As he delved further into his research, Andrei uncovered more about the club's reputation. It has gained attention for its unique concept and its success in helping individuals manage their emotions constructively. Reports highlighted positive outcomes for members participating in sessions, underscoring Fides's role in fostering a safe and supportive atmosphere.

The club's exclusivity and the requirement to book sessions added a layer of intrigue, suggesting a high demand and a clientele willing to invest in their emotional well-being—an aspect of Fides's life that Andrei had not previously anticipated or understood during their earlier interactions.

Reflecting on this newfound knowledge, Andrei realized how much Fides had evolved since their last encounter. Her modeling success and innovative approach to emotional wellness hinted at a depth and maturity he had not fully appreciated before. He admired her entrepreneurial spirit and the positive impact she was making on others' lives.

Despite his original intent to seek answers about their shared past, Andrei's focus began to shift. He developed a genuine curiosity about Fides's current motivations, passions, and the path that had led her to her current position in life. The hate and anger management club seemed to embody a compassionate yet driven side of her personality that he had not fully seen or understood in their earlier years.

Andrei's thoughts kept returning to her unique business venture—the hate and anger management club. The concept intrigued him more with each passing moment, and he found himself increasingly drawn to the idea of experiencing it firsthand.

Intrigued by the reports of the club's effectiveness in helping individuals manage their emotions, Andrei considered it an opportunity not only to gain insights into Fides's entrepreneurial vision but also to explore his own emotions in a structured environment. He reasoned that participating in a session might offer a deeper understanding of the club's impact and provide a different perspective on the complexities of human emotions.

Deciding to seize the opportunity, Andrei booked a session for himself. He approached it with a mix of anticipation and apprehension, unsure of what to expect but eager to immerse himself in the experience that had captured his curiosity.

On the appointed day, Andrei arrived at the club's discreet location—a serene yet purposeful space designed to foster emotional release. He was greeted warmly by the club's staff, who explained the guidelines and assured him of confidentiality.