𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙗𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙬𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣

He blinked several times, looking in front of him at the jawline and the smile from his profile of that man who had stolen more parts of himself than he could count.

An alpha like him, so sure of himself, shining in front of his eyes without him being able to touch him. And an omega who only wanted to be possessed to the deepest part of his being.

Minghao blinked again and looked down. They were in a café, just the three of them. Seokmin, Mingyu and him. Sometimes the three friends had time to meet, although in the case of Minghao and Mingyu it was not necessary, because they lived together in a shared apartment since they entered university. They were in different faculties, but that did not separate them; nothing separated them since they were children. Not even their distinct secondary genres.

Well, Mingyu was an alpha and Minghao an omega, they presented at the age of 15. It wasn't so much a surprise that Mingyu turned out alpha, but maybe a bit of a surprise for Minghao that he turned out to be an omega, although not to himself. He already expected it. He already... wanted it.

Mingyu presented earlier and it was obvious that an alpha and an alpha wouldn't go well. But go well for what? As if his best friend saw him like that... he didn't see him as an omega, he didn't treat him like that even though Minghao was one in every sense of the word.

He was an omega, not an alpha! And Mingyu treated him roughly as if he were equal to him. And if Mingyu didn't see him as an omega then he couldn't see him as his possible mate.

He would hit him on the arms, grab him by the neck or simply behave like a friend with another alpha friend, not an omega that he wanted to be treated with more delicacy and consideration.

And he knew how kind and delicate Mingyu was with the female omegas he met and they treated him like a Greek god fallen from the sky, because he was an attractive, charming and athletic alpha and that hurt Minghao, because it was a bigger reason than his feelings that had been planted since the memory of his tender childhood.

He always saw Mingyu as his potential mate.

That's why he had to do everything he could to make Mingyu see him as an omega. That day he had ordered a vanilla cappuccino and a cinnamon roll, as sweet as possible. Mingyu had his chocolate as did Seokmin and they had cheesecake.

He would act as omega as he could, using every possible and existing stereotype, just so Mingyu would see him as such.

The two brunettes were chatting animatedly and Minghao focused his attention on his friend next to him, resting his chin on his hand, eating his cinnamon roll slowly.

The brunet looked between Seokmin and Minghao, leaving his gaze on the latter, who took the opportunity and batted his eyelashes, feigning great interest in what he was saying.

That caused Mingyu to lose track of what he was saying, seeing Minghao's brown eyes that seemed to shine. The omega batted his eyelashes again and the alpha looked at him a little more with the words hanging in the air, until he looked back at the other alpha who was his friend and after clearing his throat he continued with what he was saying.

Minghao kept looking at his profile, never once moving his attention anywhere else. He would flirt openly, he would be sweet and soft, delicate and exquisite. Someway or another he had to attract the alpha, his best friend.

If Mingyu was every alpha stereotype, he would be an omega. He had no other choice.

( ... )

Walking back to their shared apartment, night had already fallen and the streets were quiet in that area of the city. The lamps gave off their warm light and the sky looked especially clear that day, allowing us to observe some stars and half-constellations.

Minghao noted to his great pleasure that at least Mingyu had the chivalry with him to walk on the side of the sidewalk facing the street.

They walked side by side, in silence, enjoying the night walk, their company to which they were so used to. It was spring, one of those days when it was hot in the afternoon, but at night the temperature dropped. Minghao, who was cold, purposely didn't wear a sweater or anything to cover himself, so he took advantage of the breeze and hugged himself.

"Ah, it's kinda cool, don't you think?" He said, looking at the corner of his eye at his friend who did look directly at him, raising his eyebrows.

"You think so?"

And Minghao nodded, daring to get closer to the alpha's side. He had already settled into his needy omega act and looked up with wide eyes at Mingyu.

"You don't mind, do you?"

The taller one looked at him with bewilderment at those words.

"What thing, Hao?" he asked, to which the omega wrapped both his arms in the alpha's right arm, sticking to him.

"I just got cold and you are very warm."

Mingyu opened his eyes and his mouth wide, moving his lips without saying anything.

They walked like that, although a little slower because of the close position they had. The alpha looked at Minghao's hair that was still hugging him and from there he could smell his scent of roses and honey, which was strangely sweeter than normal. Why...? The honey seemed to drip and Mingyu was mortified because he growled.

Minghao looked at him curiously and the alpha had to separate himself from him, beginning to take off the denim jacket he was wearing.

"Hao, here," he said, putting the jacket on the omega's shoulders, covering him with it.

Minghao didn't expect that and looked at him with raised eyebrows. He began to walk with his hands in his jeans pockets, without waiting for the omega to follow him.

Minghao smiled, watching Mingyu's back and following him, taking the lapels of the jacket and bringing them closer to his body. It smelled of the alpha's chocolate and oak scent and he made sure to match their scents.

He trotted to catch up with Mingyu and stood next to him.

And anyway Minghao hugged his arm like he had done before, because it wasn't enough for him.

Mingyu looked at him in surprise and noticed Minghao's smile, so he didn't dare to separate himself from him again. He let out a sigh and accepted the closeness of the omega who was his best friend, until they arrived at their apartment.