Chapter 12: Grief

Note: This week's dedication goes too... Booksandproses! Thank you so much for writing all the funny and heartwarming comments in my stories!! I enjoy reading them in the morning :3 Long story short writing on wattpad was a good choice to make haha and meeting y'all was even better luck lol.

 Booksandproses! Thank you so much for writing all the funny and heartwarming comments in my stories!! I enjoy reading them in the morning :3 Long story short writing on wattpad was a good choice to make haha and meeting y'all was even better luck...

▶• ılıılıılıılıılıılı (♫)⩇⩇: ⩇⩇

"The only cure to grief is to grieve." ~Earl Grollman

~𝙶𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚏~

𝙴𝚛𝚎𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

It was your cliché funeral. A cliché day of mourning. A cliché day of rain, fog, and darkness. Mist and dew covered the grass at our feet as black umbrellas bobbed in the incoming wind. Three newly set tombstones were lined up along the dull paved path in the cemetery. Three smiling framed photographs were propped against these tombstones and three identical bouquets of white lily-of-the-valley's were stuffed into glass jars. Black ribbons adorned these tombstones with the crest of their to-be alma mater. We stood around the three tombstones, teachers, parents, classmates, and friends. In the distance it seemed to be a murder of insanely large crows huddled together in the rain.

London was being extra helpful today the scene seemed as though directly from a movie. Even the sniffs and sobs were so theatrical. Milieus, Samuel, and I stood together unable to fit in with our surroundings. No one would understand us. They only saw three idiotic children pretending to be heroes in our place. Our trauma and anguish had been undealt with. None of us cried. We knew that crying would only bring weakness. We knew the weakness could never deal out revenge. 

Earlier that day Milieus and Samuel had quit the police program each wanting to forge out their own path. Milieus had applied to a professional computer programing network in Canada. His dream had always to be sitting behind a computer and hacking in secret rather than risk his neck on the front field. Samuel wanted to become part of the secret service in the UK, joining his uncle's extensive training for three years.

And that left me. I turned out to be the sole member of the Oxford police program thrown awkwardly into a class of senior ninnies who had not actually seen the blood in a battle in front of their eyes. I could deal with their yapping of course. I was used to being alone of course. I guess it's just... become a habit to work in a team. A curtain of water surrounded the three of us as well squeezed together underneath the umbrella.

"Hey. We'll still be in contact ok?" Samuel cracked a small tired smile holding out his phone. 

"Yeah if you need any help just text us." Milieus turned to me with a nod. He had matured, no longer the timid fearful boy but one with fire alight in his soul. I stood there in my suit and black trench coat one arm in a cast, more drained than usual. Digging out my phone from the multitudes of pockets I stared blankly at the screen.