Chapter Thirty-One - Billie

We're all sitting in the airport, getting ready to go to our second to last place of the tour. I'm trying to avoid Y/n as much as possible. I really don't want to be around her, especially since she's gonna be breaking up with me anyway. She should just do it now and go home. It'll make my life so much easier. I know she's gonna do it. Why drag it out? Just get it done and over with. I get up and start walking around. I need this to go by faster.

After ten minutes, I run into Finneas, who tells me that I need to come back. We make our way back and get into the line of people waiting to board the plane. Y/n is in front of me. Of course. I try my best to avoid any sort of contact with her. She pulls her phone out of her pocket, and I see Eva calling her. Well, that makes sense. She's not even trying to hide it. She doesn't answer and puts her phone away. I let out a small laugh. She looks back at me, but I look down.

That was the longest flight of my life. Luckily, I didn't have to sit next to Y/n. Once we get to the hotel, I make sure that I get my own room. The look on her face is sad and confused, like she has no idea why I'm getting my own room. Does she really think I want to be in the same hotel room as her? That's funny. I never want to be in the same room as her after finding out what I know. And to think I wanted her to move in with me. And that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I would've moved Heaven and Earth for her. But obviously, she doesn't want that. Now I really want to be home.

It's lonely in my own room. I know I chose that, but what else was I gonna do? Share a room with someone who doesn't even want me anymore? Hell no! Now I'm wondering how long she's actually felt this way. A few weeks? Months? She should've broken up with me the moment she felt that way. Now she's just dragging it on.

There's a knock on my door. I get up and look through the peephole. It's Finneas.

"Yes?"

"You wanna get something to eat with the rest of us?" He asks.

"Who all is going?"

"It's Claudia, me, mom and dad, and Y/n,"

"No," I tell him. He sighs.

"You're gonna have to talk to her eventually. She's really upset and confused right now. And honestly, so am I. Why won't you talk to her?"

"She knows why,"

"But she doesn't. I've talked to her. She has no idea what's going on. She just wants to talk to you, hoping to understand why you don't want to talk to her,"

"Well, that sucks for her. You should tell her to just go home because I don't want to see her anymore,"

"She said that she's not going anywhere until you talk to her,"

"Tell her I want her to leave,"

"I can't be the communicator for the two of you. You're gonna have to talk to her eventually,"

"Well, I'm not going to. She knows why I'm not talking to her, and if she's gonna waste her time being here, that's her problem, not mine. I'm not making her stay here and finish the tour with us. It's not my fault that she felt bad." I tell him.

"Felt bad? What do you mean?"

"You can talk to her about that. I'm done talking about this. I'm not going with you guys if she's gonna be there," I say and shut the door. I get into my bag and grab Y/n's hoodie.

As much as I'm avoiding her right now, I do miss her, but I know that she doesn't miss me. I put on her hoodie and lay in bed. I turn on the TV for background noise and get on my phone. I'm ready for the show tomorrow. That'll help take my mind off everything for a few hours.

Thirty minutes later, there's another knock on my door. I'm not answering that. I don't care who it is. There's a second knock.

"Billie?" I hear Y/n's voice. I sit up. "Billie, I know you're in there. Can you please just let me in? I want to see you. And I want to talk," I don't say anything. "Billie, please. I miss you so much." Can she just go away? "I don't know what's going on or if it's something I did, but I just want to know why you're ignoring me. Can we please just talk?" I don't want to talk to you know why can't you get the hint? "Okay," she says sadly. "I love you." No, you don't.

After a few minutes, I get up and open the door. She's gone. Thank God. I look down the hall, and I see her unlocking her door. She looks over and sees me. A small smile forms on her face. I sigh and shut my door again.

She's been texting me a lot. She'll send me good morning messages and ask how my day was, tells me she loves me, and says goodnight. I just ignore them and leave her on read. I really don't have the energy for any of it. I kind of wish she would stop. But it also says she still cares, but with what I know, it's hard to believe anything she says. I don't know why I'm believing Eva, but everything is starting to make sense. She stayed home for another three weeks after we had already made a whole plan for her to come back and join me for the rest of the tour. I really should've known. That should've been obvious. She and everybody else said it was to surprise me. She told me that it was Finneas' idea. But who knows what I can believe anymore?