Dear Diary, I think I am in love

02/04/22

Dear Diary,

I think I'm in love,

With Gujurati food, dhokla, fafda, jalebi, gathiya, khakra, it's just so tempting.

On a serious note, I think I'm in love with Sara Tendulkar.

Everything about her draws me to her.

She's like a magnet.

The world always seems to light up whenever she's around.

I love how she laughs, I love her taunts and her sarcasm, I love her snarky replies, I find her adorable when she's mad.

I love how her eyes curve up like crescents every time she smiles.

And the way her nose scrunches up when she's mad, she looks absolutely adorable.

The way she pouts or cutely frowns when things don't go her way.

The way she giggles musically.

She is just perfect and ethereal in every way.

" Mumbai! Mumbai!" The cheers echoed throughout the crowd.

" Go for it Shubman!" Hardik nodded at him encouragingly, next to him Nehraji, Shami, Sai Su and the rest of the team too nodded at him, affirming him that he was capable of it.

And as Piyush Chawla bowled the last ball, Shubman's bat lifted up to hit.

The ball flew behind and Ishan lunged forward to take the catch, but unfortunately for him, it was too far and missed it.

" Aye pakad pakad!" Rohit groaned as the ball hit the boundary.

" Maine bola tha Bumrah ko last over do!" He muttered under his breath but Shubman heard him nonetheless.

" Hota hai Ro bhai!" Shubman grinned at him and he sighed with a fond smile, ruffling his hair.

" It's a nice feeling isn't it, having the woman you love watch you play?"

He flushed red, looking away with a coy smile and Rohit laughed.

" It's nice seeing you in love! Well played Shubi, we all know a reason why you did play so well today."

Shubman blushed harder and Rohit laughed yet again, clearly enjoying teasing him as he patted his back and moved ahead.

Ishan immediately rushed up to him.

" Aye Hayee! Koi shakal toh dekho inki! Aise sharma raha hai jaise kal hi shaadi hai!"

" Chup kar!"

" Mujhe lagta hai abse har match keliye Sara ko bulana chahiye, phir har match mein performance aisi hi rahegi!" Hardik grinned.

" Sara Tendulkar? The God's daughter? Damn Shubi, you got guts! No wonder you were blushing throughout."

" Milly not you too!" Shubman groaned.