Chapter 5- 2015 Oscars

Jenn's point of view

The limo pulled up to the red carpet, and my heart raced with excitement. The Oscars, Hollywood's most glamorous night, where dreams are celebrated and sometimes rekindled. I was here to announce the winner for Best Actor, an honor that filled me with pride. As I stepped out of the car, the flashing lights and the roar of the crowd washed over me like a familiar wave.

I walked the red carpet, pausing for photos and interviews, smiling as I answered questions about my dress and my excitement for the evening. I felt confident and radiant, and I was ready to embrace the night. But beneath the surface, a mix of nerves and anticipation swirled within me. I hadn't seen Ben Affleck since our breakup in 2004, and though I knew he would be here, I had no idea how seeing him again would affect me.

Inside the grand theater, I was escorted to my seat in the front row. As I took my place next to the legendary Meryl Streep, I couldn't help but feel a sense of awe. "You look stunning, darling," Meryl whispered, her kind eyes sparkling.

"Thank you, Meryl," I replied, grateful for her warmth.

The show began, a dazzling spectacle of performances and heartfelt speeches. I tried to focus on the ceremony, but my mind kept drifting, wondering if Ben was here and where he might be seated.

As the lights dimmed for the next segment, a hush fell over the audience. I turned my head slightly, and then I saw him. Ben Affleck, sitting a few rows behind me with his wife, Jennifer Garner. My breath caught in my throat. He looked as handsome as ever, but what struck me most was the look in his eyes when he saw me.

Our eyes met, and for a moment, the years melted away. He looked at me with a mix of surprise and unmistakable love, a look that sent a rush of memories flooding back. I could see he was caught off guard by how I had aged—gracefully, I hoped.

I turned back to the stage, my heart pounding. I hadn't expected this. Seeing Ben again, feeling that connection, it was overwhelming. But I couldn't let it distract me. I was here for a reason, and I needed to stay focused.

Just then, I felt another pair of eyes on me. I glanced over to see Jennifer Garner shooting me a look. It wasn't hard to read, she didn't like me. The disapproval was clear in her eyes, and it sent a chill down my spine. I turned away quickly, trying to ignore the tension and focus on the ceremony.

When it was my turn to go on stage, I stood up, smoothing my dress and taking a deep breath. The walk to the podium felt like an eternity, but I held my head high and smiled. The lights were bright, the audience silent with anticipation.

"And the Oscar for Best Actor goes to..." I paused, opening the envelope, my hands steady despite the storm inside me. "Leonardo DiCaprio!"

The crowd erupted in applause as Leo made his way to the stage, his smile wide and genuine. I handed him the Oscar, sharing a brief, congratulatory hug.

As I walked off the stage, I glanced at Ben one more time. Our eyes met again, and this time, I saw something more—regret, perhaps, and a longing that mirrored my own. I knew then that this night, this moment, would stay with me forever.

Back in my seat, Meryl squeezed my hand gently. "You did beautifully," she whispered.

"Thank you," I replied, my voice steady. But my mind was a whirlwind of emotions.

The night continued with more awards and heartfelt speeches. I tried to focus, but my thoughts kept drifting back to Ben and the intense look we had shared.

A few more announcers took the stage to present awards, and then it was time for the Best Director category. My heart skipped a beat when I saw Ben and Matt Damon walk onto the stage together. They looked confident and poised, but there was something in Ben's eyes as he scanned the audience.