Matilda's Family Gathering

Matilda Williams

My older brother was getting engaged, and Noah and I attended the engagement party. It was a joyful event filled with laughter, music, and the warmth of family. As the evening progressed, it was time for dinner. I found myself seated between my parents, playfully teasing my brother Mike about being their favorite.

When dessert arrived, I ordered ice cream. This time, I used a spoon to eat it. Mike, who had known me all my life, was astonished. "Look, Mom, Dad, she’s not digging her fingers in! She’s using a spoon! Oh my God, what happened to my little sister?" he exclaimed dramatically.

"Stop being so dramatic, Mike," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"What’s the reason behind such a huge change?" he asked, genuinely curious.

"Me," Noah said with a smirk.

"Oh," Mike said, raising an eyebrow. "She always digs her fingers into ice cream, peanut butter jars, jam, everything. Our parents grounded her, scolded her, but she never changed. How did you manage to change her?"

Noah chuckled. "All she needed was a spanking."

"Shut up!" I shouted, feeling my cheeks flush with embarrassment.

To tease him, I deliberately dug my fingers into the ice cream and licked them clean. Noah's eyes widened in shock. "What the hell, Matilda?" he exclaimed.

I rose from my seat and ran away, still licking the ice cream from my fingers. "Come here, brat," he called after me.

"No!" I said, giggling as I ran.

"I said, come here," he replied with mock sternness.

"No, you’ll spank me," I said, laughter bubbling up.

"Nope. I won’t spank you if you come here. But I will spank you if you don’t," he said, chasing after me.

I ran, weaving through the party guests, laughing uncontrollably. But Noah was faster. He caught up with me, grabbed me by the waist, and delivered four not-so-light spanks on my butt.

"Aah," I fake screamed, still laughing.

He then kissed me, and I melted into the kiss, feeling the warmth and love behind it. My brother, ever the prankster, shouted, "Get a room!"

Everyone, including my mom, dad, Mike, and his fiancée Patricia, burst into laughter. The night was filled with joy, love, and the playful banter that made our family unique.