☐ 02

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Dreams- The cranberries 

Yuna's alarm blared at 5:30 AM, pulling her from a restless sleep. She groaned softly, reaching to silence the noise. Her body ached from the fatigue that seemed to cling to her bones these days. She sat up slowly, taking a moment to steady herself before standing. The nausea was manageable today, a small blessing.

As she opened the door, she found a note from her neighbor, a cute old lady,  Hana. "Made some extra breakfast. Have a good day! :)"

Yuna smiled, appreciating Hana's unknowing support. She ate the toast and eggs left for her, feeling the warmth of friendship bolster her spirits.

The hospital was already bustling when Yuna arrived. She donned her scrubs and checked the patient list for the day. As a nurse in the oncology ward, she was all too familiar with the struggle against cancer. Today, she would have to put her own fears aside to support her patients.

"Morning, Yuna," Dr. Kim greeted her as she walked by.

"Morning, Dr. Kim," she replied with a professional smile, hiding the fatigue in her voice.

Her first patient, Mr. Lee, was a regular. He had been undergoing treatment for months and always had a smile for Yuna.

"Good morning, Mr. Lee. How are we feeling today?" she asked, checking his vitals.

"Good morning, Yuna. Better, I think. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it."

Yuna smiled. "That's the spirit. Let's get you set up for your treatment."

She moved through her tasks methodically, drawing on years of training and experience. As she worked, she felt a sharp pain in her side but hid it behind a composed facade. Her patients needed her strength, and she would give it to them.

During her lunch break, Yuna sat alone in the staff room, picking at a salad. She pulled out her phone and checked her messages. 

But there were none, she didn't have any friends, but she never complained, or maybe she didn't want to. Life was better in solitude, or so she thought.