Chapter 8; Princess?!?!

Flash's POV: 

I managed to get past the Royal Guards and sneak into the Place Gardens. Man, this place has tough security! 

What is Twilight doing here at the Royal Fullcrestian Place? Does she work here? Is she friends with the Princess? Is she Prince Shining Armor's girlfriend? (I officially hate Flash. He is too dumb, I don't want to try anymore.) 

I spotted a window and peeked into it. By the look of the room, it should be the lounge or the sitting room. 

Inside, Twilight was seated in one of the white couches

Inside, Twilight was seated in one of the white couches. And beside her was... my sister?!?! What is she doing here? I couldn't hear anything, but judging by her expression, she seemed to be having a nice little chat with Twilight. 

Suddenly, the dots joined together. My sister was second-in-line to the throne of Skyrest, after me, so she's pretty important. Twilight sounds awfully like Twyla, which was what the heir to the throne of Fullcrest was called. And, Twilight has the princess's hair and complexion. 

So, that meant...

TWILIGHT IS THE PRINCESS?!?! (Good job, mah boy. I'm proud of you... NOT!!! Took you long enough!!!)  

No! That can be! Twilight told me she comes from a below-average income family! She said she was on a scholarship! 

Did she... did she lie to me? 

3rd person's POV: 

Twilight and Viola giggled and laughed together for a good few hours or so. Soon, it was time to get back to school. 

"Time to go! I have to go get Daciana. Let me show you the Royal Wolf Pavillion! It's wonderful!" Twilight said as she stood up and headed for the door. Viola followed her and closed the door behind her. 

Outside, Andrew was holding their coats for them. "Thank you, Andrew. That will be all for now." Twilight said as she pulled her dark blue coat over her shoulders. Viola did the same, only her coat was a shining silver. 

They headed outside and to a separate building behind the palace. They opened the doors and stepped into a room completely made of ice. Viola was mesmerized by the beauty of the place. 

"This place is breathtaking!" she breathed

"This place is breathtaking!" she breathed. "We only have a stable at Skyrest. Wolves are so much better." 

Twilight grinned. "Come on. Let's find my little wolf. Daciana!" she called. "It's time to go!" 

The white wolf came to the princess. "At your service, my princess," she said. Then, she looked curiously at Viola. "Who's this?" she asked. 

Twilight smiled. "This is my childhood friend, Princess Viola. She'll be my companion at CHS," she said. The white wolf nodded. "Very well. Will she be needing a ride?" she asked. 

Viola smiled and shook her head. "It's okay. I won't be needing one," she said. She turned to Twilight. "Farewell, Princess. See you tomorrow." she smiled. Twilight hugged her. "I'm so glad Dad told you to come to CHS," she said. 

Suddenly, Twilight smacked her head. "Oh no! I totally forgot! Daciana, wait here. Viola, you stay here too. I need to go ask Dad something!" she called, running back into the palace. 

She climbed up the stairs and ran to the King's study. Inside, the King was enjoying a warm cup of coffee and doing some work. The Queen was there too, helping the King tidy his desk. 

"Mom! Dad! I have something important to ask you." Twilight panted. "How do I simultaneously come to the Spring Masquerade Ball as the Princess and as a Student?" she asked. 

"Oh!" the Queen exclaimed. "I never thought about that! I suppose you'll just have to tell the teacher that you can't come," she said. 

"Okay. Thanks, Mum! Thanks, Dad! Love you guys!" Twilight called as she hurriedly got back to the Pavillion. 

Viola grinned as she saw Twilight. "We thought you were never coming!" she said with a smile. Twilight gave a weak smile and climbed onto Daciana's back 

She waved goodbye to Viola and took off. Soon, she fell asleep on Daciana's soft back. Daciana, too, was enjoying the soft wind blowing through her fur. 

Both of them were unaware of a mighty white stallion with a certain blue-haired boy on its back following them from behind...

Twilight's POV

I woke up to the sound of Daciana landing on Moonlight's rooftop. I rubbed my eyes and groaned. I really shouldn't do visits like that ever again! 

Suddenly, I heard a horse neigh behind me and turned around. My eyes widened with panic as I saw who was on the horse's back.

"F-Flash?!" I stammered. "W-What are y-you doing here?" 

He climbed down and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "I think the real question is: What are you doing here, Twilight? Or should I say, Princess Twyla," he asked. 

My heart dropped to my feet. 

That's it. 

It's over. 

He knows. 

3rd person's POV: 

"W-What are you t-talking about?" Twilight stammered nervously. 

Flash ran forward and grabbed Twilight's hand. She winced.  "You very well know what I'm talking about, Princess." Then, he softened his voice. "All I want to know is, why didn't you trust me?" 

Twilight's eyes brimmed with tears. She yanked her hand out of Flash's grasp. "I'm sorry, Flash. But this for your own good, and mine," she whispered. 

She raised her hand and the magic circle appeared. She recited a spell. 

Before Flash could say anything, a bright flash of light hit him, and erased his memories of the night

Before Flash could say anything, a bright flash of light hit him, and erased his memories of the night. Tears rolled down Twilight's face as the light vanished. 

With a flick of her hand, a bright aura of magic lifted Flash up, levitating him to his room. It brought him back to his bed and tucked him in gently.

Daciana, who was watching all of this quietly, approached the princess. 

"Princess, are you okay?" Daciana asked as she placed a white paw on the princess's shoulder. 

Touched by the wolf's care towards her, Twilight couldn't contain it any longer and burst into tears. 

"I don't think I'll ever be okay, Daciana," she said quietly.