Admidst Chaos

The gunship settled onto the landing pad with a final shudder, its engines powering down. Condor disembarked, his boots thudding on the sandy surface. The basecamp was abuzz with activity; clones moved with purpose, and the distant sounds of battle could still be heard.

Condor made his way to the command center. The losses they had suffered weighed heavily on his shoulders, but he knew that reporting to Commander Gree took priority and that his men were in good care. As he entered the bustling command center, a familiar voice called out to him.

"Lieutenant Condor," Commander Gree greeted, his tone formal yet tinged with relief. "Good to see you back in one piece."

Condor saluted crisply. "Thank you, sir. We completed the mission."

Gree's expression hardened. "Report, Lieutenant."

Condor nodded, taking a deep breath. "Sir, our mission in the catacombs was to rescue a Clone Commando squad. We succeeded in extracting three of the four targets. Unfortunately, one was already dead when we found him. Additionally, we discovered the body of what we believe to be a Jedi, based on the robes he wore."

Gree's eyes narrowed. "A Jedi, you say? That complicates things. Did you find any identifying information?"

"No, sir. The body had no identification."

Gree pondered this for a moment, then gave a decisive nod. "Understood. I'll have the intelligence unit look into it. Now, onto your new orders."

Condor straightened, ready to receive his next mission.

"Lieutenant, you are to accompany Jedi General Luminara Unduli and her apprentice to the battlefront. You'll meet with Captain Styles there," Gree instructed.

Condor saluted again, his expression resolute. "Understood, sir. I'll be ready."

Gree turned and motioned to a pair of figures standing nearby. "Lieutenant Condor, may I introduce Jedi General Luminara Unduli and her apprentice, Barriss Offee."

General Unduli stepped forward, her presence commanding yet serene. Her apprentice, Barriss Offee, followed closely, her eyes reflecting a mixture of determination and curiosity.

"It's an honor, General," Condor said, saluting. "We are ready to assist you in any way we can."

Unduli nodded, her gaze calm and assessing. "Thank you, Lieutenant. We look forward to working together."

Barriss offered a polite nod. "We appreciate your support, Lieutenant."

Condor returned the nod. "We'll be at your disposal. Just lead the way."

As they walked toward the LAAT, Condor couldn't help but observe the two Jedi. Their calm demeanor amidst the chaos of war was both reassuring and unnerving. Condor's sharp eyes took in their every movement, noting the fluid grace with which they carried themselves. Despite their apparent serenity, he couldn't shake the feeling of unease that had settled in his gut.

He had heard stories of the Jedi, tales of their legendary abilities from his brothers. But this was his first time encountering them in person. As they boarded the gunship, Condor's mind was a whirlwind of doubt and curiosity. He wondered how these mystical warriors would fare in the heat of battle. Were they truly as powerful as the stories claimed?

Rook, ever perceptive, glanced back at Condor as he prepared the gunship for takeoff. "Something on your mind, Lieutenant?" he asked with a knowing smirk.

Condor shook his head, though his unease was still palpable. "Just the usual pre-battle jitters, Rook."

Rook chuckled, his dark humor never far from the surface. "Well, let's hope the Jedi can handle themselves. I'd hate to have to pull their lightsabers out of the mud."