15. Confusions & Clarifications

Never in my wildest dreams had I thought that my life would be so complicated

"Secret Shadow is not a woman. It's a man."

Vani's words rang into my ears making me choke on my food.

I coughed a little and she forwarded me a glass of water which I gulped in one go.

This can't be possible!

Is she playing some game with me? Maybe yes.

"How are you so sure about it?"

I questioned her, my tone calm & composed even though my heart was swirling with turmoil of emotions.

"I did my research."

She casually shrugged it off while savouring her food.

She's lying. I've seen it myself that it was a girl that night. Her outfit, her killing style, everything resembled to the Secret Shadows. 

I researched on her for years and all I got to know was that nobody had ever seen Secret Shadows other than me then how was she so sure about the gender?

"Elaborate."

I asserted and she lifted her lashes to look at me. 

Dropping her fork, she interwined her hands & rested her elbow on the table before placing her chin on it, finally giving me all of her attention.

"I used my resources & capabilities to find a few articles which clearly states that Secret Shadow is not a woman. It's a man, maybe, more than one."

I frowned at her response because that was definitely not possible. I myself scrapped every single article related to it but got  nothing.

"I run a security company and I used all of my sources & power to find anything about her and you're saying that you got to know such a huge piece of information in just a few days?"

I expressed, still being amused by whatever she was saying.

"That's because you assumed it yourself that Secret Shadow was a girl and you put all of your resources to find out her but I used my skills to find out about Secret Shadow as a mystery."

Here, she got a point. Ever since that day, my whole focus was to look for that girl and when I found out that she was secret shadow, I accepted it blindly.

"Hmm then what about that girl with whom I encountered and who was dressed exactly like Secret Shadows?"

I counter questioned her and she wiped her face with the tissue before diverting her complete attention to our conversation.

"Maybe, someone disguised as Secret Shadows and met you that day which made you believe that it was the same person."

Her words involved logic yet I was somewhere feeling it hard to believe.