22. Tanisha

It's been five years since Meera "died" in the eyes of her family. Life hadn't been easy, but it had its moments of unexpected grace. During her pregnancy, she worked tirelessly in a small shop, doing whatever she could to make ends meet. Her baby bump was already prominent at six months, a constant reminder of the life growing inside her.

One day, while she was at work, a graceful woman approached her. She introduced herself as Tanisha, an MBBS graduate who noticed how hard Meera was working despite her condition. Tanisha offered Meera a job at her home. At first, Meera hesitated, unsure of this stranger's intentions, but eventually, she accepted.

Working for Tanisha was a turning point. The chores were light, and the pay was more than fair. Tanisha treated Meera with kindness and respect, something she hadn't experienced in a long time. One afternoon, Tanisha found Meera painting a landscape, a rare moment of peace and expression for her.

"You're really talented," Tanisha said, watching the scene come to life under Meera's brush.

Meera, caught off guard, looked up. "Thank you," she replied softly. Painting had always been her passion, but life had forced her to set it aside.

"Why don't you paint more often?" Tanisha asked.

Meera shrugged. "I haven't had the time or space."

"Well, now you do," Tanisha said with a smile. "Use the studio room upstairs. Paint as much as you want."

Encouraged by Tanisha's support, Meera began to paint regularly. Tanisha even helped her sell some of her artwork, and slowly, Meera started to gain recognition in the local art scene. The encouragement and friendship from Tanisha were invaluable, providing not just financial support but emotional strength as well.

Months passed, and eventually, Meera gave birth to twins-a boy and a girl. The baby boy arrived five minutes before his sister. The delivery was grueling, and Meera nearly lost her life due to her young age. Fortunately, Tanisha, sharing the same blood type, was able to donate blood and save her.

As the nurse took the newborns to be washed with warm water, the baby girl let out a piercing cry, quickly followed by her brother. Their cries echoed through the room, a symphony of new life. The nurse handed the baby girl to Tanisha and kept the baby boy herself, bringing them both to Meera.

When Meera saw their soft, adorable faces, she broke into tears. "My babies," she whispered, overwhelmed by a mixture of joy and exhaustion. She noticed with a bittersweet pang that they both looked exactly like their father. Even their tiny tufts of hair were unmistakably his.

Tanisha, standing by Meera's side, cooed at the sight of the newborns. "They're perfect, Meera," she said, her voice filled with warmth. As a fellow MBBS graduate, she quickly shifted into professional mode, discussing further care plans with the doctor to ensure Meera's health.

"Hello, madamji , stop crying," tanisha gently chided, smiling. "It's time to name them."

Meera looked down at her children, feeling an overwhelming surge of love and responsibility. "Yes," she murmured, "it's time to name them." She held each baby close, already thinking of names that would suit their precious faces and the incredible journey they had ahead of them. With Tanisha's support, she felt ready to face whatever came next.

Aryansh and Junhi-Meera named them after their father. Tanisha happily chimed in, "They are beautiful names, Meera."

She blessed her children, saying, "Stay together no matter what. I will try to give you the father's love you may not get.she said to herself while caressing there faces lovingly" Tanisha then said, "Meeru, I'm taking you home tomorrow. I did talked to the doctor about discharge you."

Meera, overwhelmed with gratitude, joined her hands and said, "I can never forget your help, Tanu. Mahadev must have sent you to me."

"Oh, Meeru, shut up, will you?" Tanisha teased, "You're having more mood swings after delivery than during pregnancy. They are my little nephews, right? Aryansh and Junhi."

The little buddies seemed to smile, as if they understood. Meera said, "They already like you, Tanu."

"Of course, they do," because iam the best aunt ever existed Tanisha replied whhile flipping her hair backwards. "I'm the best aunt ever. I'll make the baby world jealous by taking care of them."

And so began Meera's journey into motherhood, a role she gracefully accepted, sacrificing everything for her children. This is why, some say, God gave motherhood to women-because they can sacrifice anything for their child in a way that men often cannot.

From birth, the baby boy, Aryansh, was fiercely protective of his sister, Junhi. If a doctor or nurse tried to touch Junhi, Aryansh would start crying, flailing his tiny hands and legs in the air in her defense. Meera and Tanisha often laughed at his early display of protectiveness, marveling at the bond between the siblings.

As they started growing, Aryansh and Junhi began to show more of their father's features. Every day, Meera saw Arjun's face reflected in their innocent eyes, their smiles, and even their stubborn expressions. It was a bittersweet reminder of a love that had once been her whole world.

A year had passed since Meera gave birth to her twins. She was in the kitchen, trying to get Aryansh and Junhi to eat the apple soup she had prepared. The twins, dressed in their adorable baby bear clothes, were being stubborn. They pouted, refusing to eat, clearly waiting for their beloved Aunt Tanu to arrive with their daily chocolates.

"Come on, Aru, please, my baby, just one spoon," Meera coaxed gently, her voice filled with warmth. Junhi opened her mouth first, which prompted Aryansh to do the same. They were her little angels, always testing her patience, but she loved them dearly.

Just then, Tanu burst through the door, her energy filling the room. "Surprise, Meeru and buddies!" she shouted, waving a set of tickets and holding a bunch of healthy children's chocolates.

Meera laughed, feeling a rush of affection for her friend. "See, Tanu? You spoil them too much!" she said, shaking her head but smiling. Tanu had a way of bringing light into their lives, and Meera was grateful for her every day.

"Yarr, Meeru, these are healthy chocolates! Let them eat," Tanu insisted, waving the chocolates. Aryansh and Junhi clapped their hands in excitement, their faces lighting up. "Ant, aun, chocku," Junhi babbled, reaching out eagerly.

Meera sighed, her suspicion growing. "What are those tickets for, Tanu? Don't give me a heart attack with your surprises."

Tanu beamed, unable to contain her excitement. "We're going to Paris, Meeru! Your painting got selected in the global top paintings. They've invited you! We're going to settle there!"

Meera's eyes widened in shock. "Oh my... You mean my painting got selected?"

Tanu nodded enthusiastically, making the kids sit on the bed. "I told you your painting would make it! But you don't seem thrilled?"

Meera shook her head, her voice firm. "I don't want to go, Tanu. You know why."

Tanu's expression softened, understanding dawning in her eyes. "I know your past, Meeru. And I understand your need to keep your identity hidden. But I talked to them, and they're okay with keeping everything confidential."

Meera looked at her children, then back at Tanu. "Are you sure?"

Tanu smiled, reaching out to squeeze Meera's hand. "Positive. It's a new start, Meeru. For you and the kids. A chance to live your dream without fear."