Chapter 3

After that day, Jungkook tried to change. He stopped bothering Y/N and started finding ways to be around her without causing her distress. He would sit near her during lunch, offering her a silent company that gradually turned into small conversations. He started to help her with school projects, initially under the guise of needing help himself, but soon genuinely enjoying the time spent together.

One afternoon, as they were working on a science project, Jungkook handed her a flask, their fingers brushing. "You know, you're not like anyone I've ever met," he said quietly.

Y/N smiled, a small, genuine smile that made his heart race. "Neither are you, Jungkook. There's more to you than what you show the world."

Their friendship grew, and so did Jungkook's feelings for her. He began walking her home, always keeping a respectful distance, but close enough to protect her. One evening, as they reached her gate, he hesitated before speaking.

"Y/N, I want to thank you," he said, his voice sincere. "For seeing me, for understanding me."

Y/N looked at him, her eyes warm. "Everyone deserves to be seen, Jungkook. And I'm glad I could be the one to see you."

In that moment, Jungkook knew he was falling deeply in love with Kim Y/N, the girl who saw through his facade and touched his heart with her quiet strength. And he was determined to become a better person, not just for her, but for himself.

One day, he couldn't hold it in any longer. The tension had been building inside him like a storm, and he had to let it out. He found Y/N in the library, her usual sanctuary, and approached her with a mixture of hope and fear.

"Y/N, I need to tell you something," he began, his voice trembling slightly. "I've... I've fallen for you. I know I've been a jerk, but I want to change. I want to be with you."

Y/N looked up from her book, her expression unreadable. The silence stretched between them, heavy and tense. "Jungkook, I don't know if I can trust you. You've hurt me so much. How can I be sure you're sincere?"

Her words were a dagger to his heart, but he understood. He nodded slowly, his eyes earnest. "I'll prove it to you, Y/N. I'll do whatever it takes."