Prelude: Zohakuten Hantengu

People always come from happy or miserable families. But those ties are what makes someone stronger. Unfortunately for one soon to be Tsuguko, he was happy until tragedy struck him. Zohakuten was born from a woodcutter, his brothers, and grandfather. He would always help his brother Karaku with cutting wood thanks to his strength. He got enough love that would make him happy. But nothing lasts forever.

Zohakuten at the age of ten... no eleven, lost both his brothers leaving him alone. But he wasn't alone. He had an elder brother named Sekido.

He was a tall young man with a lean muscular build, and narrow, deep red eyes he has long spiky hair that goes past his shoulders. He wears a dark kimono that is split in the middle, the right half being covered in a pattern of flowers and lines, with the left half being a dark red and lacking any detailed features. He also wears a pair or zori.

As they walk back home, Sekido decides to give Zohakuten a hard lesson

Sekido: Kindness does no good for anyone. If you try to help somebody in need you'll only get hurt. 

Zohakuten: That's not true. Whatever you do to help others... has a way to coming back around and helping yourself someday. That's what grandfather said.

Sekido: You're regurgitating the words of a man who got himself killed trying to help someone else.

Zohakuten: How could you say something so cold? He died trying to save our brothers-

Sekido: As if some herbs would've done anything to heal them at that point. Don't be so stupid. 

Zohakuten: Don't say such awful things!

Sekido: If he hadn't gone out in the middle of the storm. Maybe we would've lost our brothers that night. 

Zohakuten: Please stop saying things like that! That's going too far! 

Sekido: I'm only telling you how it is. And stop being so noisy. You might attract boars.

Zohakuten: You're just selfish. I bet that's what "Sekido" means, selfish!

Sekido: The I guess "Zohakuten" means incompetence. This conversation is meaningless. After all you can't change the past. Or maybe "Zohakuten" means meaningless.

His harsh words made Zohakuten cry. They continue with life. Their living style soon became stifling. Zohakuten honestly thought Sekido hated him. And then after two seasons later, whie filling up buckets of water from the river, Zohakuten saw two individuals. He was stunned as he met Amane Ubuyashiki.

She was a woman of average height and pale skin complexion. She possesses large, lavender eyes and short eyebrows, a trait seen in her children. She wears her white hair down and swept to both the left and right at the front and in a short ponytail in the back, with two strands of hair loose at the side of her head. She wears a salmon-colored She wears a salmon-colored kimono with an ombre to orange at the top with flower patterns with a dark-indigo haori with numerous blue butterfly-patterns. She also wore a brown with a paler shade striped obi with an orange obiage supporting it.