Prologue | Eri's Trail

"Eri, 'yung kahon."

I sighed as I reached for the box underneath my bedside table. Blowing off the dust covering the box, I can't help but bitterly smile as I read its label— Claire's Memento Box. A surge of fresh memories exploded onto me as I opened my memento box.

Bungad na rito ang litrato ko noong first year college na nakangiti sa unang digital camera na binili ng aking matalik na kaibigan. I looked so happy I decided to have it printed out.

I looked so alive— a youthful teenager who lived her life to the fullest, disregarding all the burdens ganging up against her. This Claire looked so alive.

"Linisin mo lang, tapos itago mo na kung saan walang makakakita."

And so I did. I wiped the dust from every corner of the memento box, and organized every single photo I had printed out and all the handwritten letters given to me before.

I refuse to let nostalgia get the best of me. As much as I want to reminisce every living memory I had, maybe it's all so much better to let all these faded memories go.

I stored the box in the darkest part of my room where no one else can see it, na kahit ako'y maaaring malimutang kailanma'y may itinago akong kahon ng aking mga munting ala-ala.

I smiled at myself as I watched the Claire in the mirror slowly fade away.

"Eri," I said, talking to myself for the last time again, "it's time to go, Eri."

It's time to go, Claire, matagal na tayong patay.

- Eri's Trail -

DISCLAIMER

This story is purely fictional. All the names of the characters of the story, the events, places, plots, and details are all fictional. All of these are just products of my imagination. Similarities from real life events or other stories are purely coincidental. Plagiarism is a crime.

The story contains use of foul languages or profanities, may contain 18+ parts, and the characters themselves are flawed in some ways and are not perfect.

Additionally, death is mentioned in this story.

Please, read at your own risk.

Genres: Romance, Comedy, Angst, Fantasy

-

PUHON, God-willing or hopefully.

First installment of Puhon series.