Twenty Four.

"Jake, stop staring. It's weird." I shift uncomfortably in my chair.

Since arriving at Jakes, he hasn't stopped staring at me. Every time I look up his eyes are devouring my face, body and literally felt like he was looking into my soul.

"Sorry, it's just amazing how you don't even look like you've been locked away for 7 months." He blushes slightly.

"That's the point Jakey boy. I want to put that behind me." I give a smile and look back at the front door waiting for chad to arrive. My palms were getting sweaty, I could feel the butterflies waiting to be unleashed. I was nervous. For 7 months I had been day dreaming of what it would be like to see him again.

Although in my day dreams he didn't have a girlfriend and was still completely smitten with me. But I can work with this. I just need to explain about my dad and he'll realise what an ass he has been.

"Purple suits you by the way." I snap my head up and lock eyes with Jake. He was blushing harder than the last time. I really don't understand why he's being so sweet to me, he hates me so why be nice now?

"Why are you being so nice to me? I mean you fucking hated me in school. Okay so I punched you but still. You showed no interest in me. Why now?" I wasn't about to pussyfoot around anyone. I'm Avril for God's sake. The weird little freak who doesn't give a shit.

"I never hated you." Jake looked hurt I had even suggested the idea.

I snort. "You have a funny way of showing it."

A knock at the door stopped whatever Jake was going to say.

I look at the white door, rooted in my chair. How do I even begin to explain?
Jake opens the door, and there he was. My mister yummy. Well not my mister yummy anymore but hopefully will be after tonight. His piecing sea blue eyes scan the room before landing on me.

"Avril?" oh god, I'm melting just hearing his voice. The voice I craved to hear for 7 months. The voice that kept me going.

I smile brightly at the guy who was walking to towards me. But my smile instantly fell off my face when I saw the anger in his eyes.

"Hi." My voice comes out so small. What happened to the Avril from a minute ago? God I just wanted to feel his touch. I move closer to him and go to shift his hair from his eyes. It had gotten long from when I last saw him.
But I didn't get to, he moved away with a look of disgust on his face.

"What do you want Avril?" his voice hard and stern.

"I wanted to see and talk to you." I had to try and explain. But he was making slightly difficult.

"You've had 7 months to talk Avril. But you fucked off. You left me. Now I've moved on, you come back and think everything can go like before? No. you can go fuck yourself."

His words cut through my heart, I stood up straighter, I wasn't about to let him see he's breaking me. "You know what chad. Go fuck your new slag. I don't know why I bothered, or even thought you would at least listen to where I have been." I stalk out of the living room and make my way to the bathroom. I needed to get this crap off my face and needed to never see that fucktard asswipe toad hole again. I was done with Chad Ennis.

***
"Avril? He's gone. You can come out." Jake's voice sounded concerned. I roll my eyes. Yerh right. Like he's going to give a crap about me. I don't know how long I had been in the bathroom, but I'm sure it's been a while. It's now dark out and I'm not even going to lie. I'm terrified. My dad would have been back home from work. He would have seen I'm missing. Oh god what if he's looking for me?

I promptly stood up from the floor and whipped open the door. My heart was beating fast, my head started to feel woozy, god tears were clocking my vision. I was scared and needed comfort.

I throw myself into Jakes arms. He didn't hesitate at all to wrap them around me tight. I let the tears roll down my cheeks, and sobbed lightly. He shimmied us across to the sofa so we could sit. I was plonked down onto his lap. I didn't protest I just snuggled further into his chest.

This is what I had been waiting for. To feel safe. I thought it was supposed to be from chad. But here I was, in jakes arms feeling safer than I have ever before. "What if he finds me again?" I look up to jakes face. His shaggy brown hair framing his sharp angled face perfectly.

Jake places a kiss on the tip of my nose, and wipes away the remains of my tears. "I won't let him." He whispers.

I don't know if I did it, or if he did. But either way. My lips were planted on Jakes, they moved rhythmically with my own. Neither one of us stops the kiss. His hands wonder down side to my thighs. Our kiss deepens. "I never hated you." Jake speaks breaking our kiss. "Actually I've always liked you." I shut him up by placing my lips back onto his.

Chads pov:

My kitten was back. She was actually back. But my heart wasn't about to get broken with all her silly games again. I knew I had broken her the moment I said those words to her at jakes apartment. She played it off like she always does.

What did she think was going to happen? She comes back and I drop everything to be back with her? No I don't think so. My heart is telling me different though.

I make my way up to my room and turn the t.v on. It was more for background noise while I got ready to go see viola, violet. Whatever her name is.
"BREAKING NEWS." I sat down on my bed, to put my trainers on.
"A MISTER PETER BOWEN HAS BEEN ARRESTED FOR MURDER..." Bowen..? That's Avril's last name. I turn the t.v up. Did they just say murder?
"AN ANNOYNOUS CALL WAS MADE EARLIER TODAY CLAIMING TO HAVE SMELT A FOUL SMELL FROM THEIR NEIGHBOURS HOUSE. POLICE FOUND A DECAYING BODY DOWN IN THE BASEMENT, TO WHICH WE BELIEVE COULD BE MISTER BOWEN'S WIFE. POLICE ALSO FOUND A PAIR OF HANDCUFFS, SHEETS, BOWLS AND CUPS BY WHERE THEY BELIEVE MISTER BOWEN COULD HAVE HAD SOMEONE ELSE DOWN THERE." I switch my t.v off and stare off into space.

Avril never left me did she? Her dad had her the whole time. And I did nothing! I'm a fucking idiot! I let my kitten be held captive by her dad for 7 months. I didn't do shit! And she was going to explain to me, and I told her to go fuck herself. God I need to get my kitten back.

I need to go see her now. Hopefully she's still at jakes...

A/N: okay so what do you think of Jake and Avril hooking up?
Or are there still team Chad about? Not really sure where I'm going with this, just letting my fingers run wild with the keyboard. (: