T W O

Sunlight flooded through Aarvika's window, illuminating the pages of the paperback she was holding. Curled up in her corner, she was immersed in a world of fantasy, unconcerned with the soothing touch on her feet. Agastya, who was typically a flurry of wild activity, sat quiet, his fingers softly massaging the arches of her feet.

"Wow, Lilliput," He drawled in a sickly sweet tone, "Your feet are like silk! And your hair, so shiny it could blind a person!" Aarvika, eyebrow raised, shot him a sidelong glance. His exaggerated compliments were a dead giveaway.

"Kya chahiye aapko, Bhaiya?" She inquired, her voice devoid of the usual warmth reserved for her younger brother.

(What do you want, Brother?)

Agastya winced at the loss of the affectionate nickname but pressed on. "Well," He began hesitantly, "Maybe you could, you know, put in a good word with Avi Bhaiya about my punishment."

Aarvika snorted, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Punishment?" She echoed, feigning innocence. "Oh, you mean the neem juice and spinach extravaganza?"

Agastya grimaced. The mere mention of the bitter concoction sent shivers down his spine. "Exactly," He confirmed, his voice dripping with misery. "Look, it was a stupid prank, I apologize. But that punishment is torture!"

Aarvika tapped her chin thoughtfully, pretending to consider his plea. "Hmm... Badle mein mujhe kya milega?" She finally asked, a playful smile tugging at her lips.

(Hmm... What will I get in return?)

Agastya's eyes widened. Negotiation? With Aarvika? This wasn't going according to plan. "Kuch bhi!" He blurted out, desperation lacing his voice.

(Anything!)

Knowing she had the upper hand, Aarvika pulled out her phone. "Anything, huh?" She said, scrolling through a website filled with colorful stuffed toys. She stopped at a picture of a giant, fluffy panda with a heart-shaped button on its chest. "How about this cute plushie?"

Agastya's face paled. That panda was not only huge, it was likely priced at a king's ransom. "Aaru, come on," He whined, "That thing must cost a fortune!"

Aarvika raised an eyebrow. "Do you earn less than you used to?" She teased, her tone laced with mock seriousness.

Agastya groaned, defeated. He knew he was cornered. "Fine, fine," He grumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Just no more comments about my earning potential, okay?"

Aarvika beamed, a triumphant smile lighting up her face. She threw her arms around Agastya, planting a wet kiss on his cheek. "You're the best brother ever!" She exclaimed, her voice filled with mock sincerity.

Agastya, caught off guard by her sudden display of affection, rubbed his cheek with a grimace and rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Yeah, yeah..." He said, a tiny smirk forming on the junction of his lips. Despite his muttering, a pleasant feeling flowed through him. He might have failed the bargain, but seeing his sister happy was worth it.

Maybe this complex effort wasn't only about avoiding neem juice. Perhaps, underneath Agastya's normal irritation, there was a flare of true devotion, a wish to witness his sister happy, even if it meant being bathed in a bitter mixture himself.

The sound of the doorknob twisting caught Aarvika and Agastya's attention. Avighna and Aditya entered the room, their brows wrinkled with interest.

"Kya chal raha hai yaha?" Aditya inquired, his gaze flitting between his siblings.