my family has been going to Susannah's beach house since i was born, even before i was born. all year long i count the days till i'm at the beach, on that house.

the dads come to visit, but it's not their place. they don't belong to it. not the way we do, the mothers and us kids.

the summer house is made up of a lot of things, the deck we used to run on, the swimming pool late at night, movie night with the moms...but the boys, most of all.

it's the same every summer, that's what i love about it. for me, everything good, everything magical happens between the months of june and august.

*belly's room*

aurora, belly and taylor; belly's best friend were scattered around her room, attempting to pack as the conklins were leaving for cousins today. aurora was sitting on the floor, digging through a pile of belly's clothes while taylor was laying on the bed, scrolling on her phone and belly was looking for clothes in her closet.

"drew's bummed you're missing the beach match-up with the boys' team next weekend" taylor spoke. 

"make sure you tell sophie to square u for the block" belly replies.

"drew martinez is texting me about you and you're talking about volleyball? are you serious right now?" taylor questioned.

"drew doesn't care if i'm there or not, he just wants an excuse to text you" belly explained. "you better beat that game against the boys, seriously. i want those boys eating sand. team pride is on the line, taylor"

"please, you know me better than that. i'd never let a boy beat me at anything" taylor reminded belly as she turned on her stomach. 

aurora turned around, seeing taylor unsuccessfully try to take a picture that shows off her butt, making her laugh softly. 

"i thought you two came in here to help me pack?" belly questioned.

"i am helping!" aurora protested.

taylor groaned, "fine. i'll help. here's a tip: don't pack that speedo. it doesn't do a thing for your new boobs" she stood up, taking pictures in the mirror as belly tightens her shirt, looking at her body. 

"it's not a speedo. plus i always buy a new swimsuit when i get to cousins"

"okay, well this time buy one that doesn't look like you're trying out for the swim team"

belly groans loudly and jumps on top of taylor, making all 3 girls burst out in laughter.

aurora's phone buzzed. she checked it, seeing she had gotten a text from her boyfriend, jayden. the text read: 'hey gorgeous, you leave for cousins yet? i wanna see u'. she smiled, typing out her response, which read: 'hi mylove, we're about to leave rn so i don't think i'll be able to see you i'm so sorry'. she put her phone down and layed back on taylor's stomach.

despite having the hugest crush on conrad fisher, yes, she did have a boyfriend. after all, she didn't want to be like her sister; waiting around like a lost puppy for jeremiah.

"belly, rory, we leave in 10 minutes!" laurel yelled from downstairs. 

belly bolts up from the bed, "gotta go!" 

"come onnn, we still have 10 minutes" taylor complained.

belly slid down the bed onto the ground as taylor booped both her and aurora's noses. they never understood why she liked to do that so much. 

"okay okay, before you guys go, i wanna hear your summer wish"

i want to kiss conrad fisher.

"i don't know"  belly and aurora said in unison.