:3

2 years

Two whole years since Hickory gained the courage to finally ask John Dory out on a date. Did Branch ever like the idea of him dating his oldest brother? Absolutely not. Has he always been at Hickory's throat, calling out everything he does, and constantly assuming the worst of him throughout the early stages of their relationship? Yes. And did he also somehow convince every single one of his brothers aside from John to be on the same boat as him? Also yes, which unfortunately resulted in a lot of threats that were anything but pretty.

But somehow, even after everything that happened, and even after all of the doubt he received from everyone (mostly Branch), his love for John never faltered in the slightest. Hickory tried his absolute best to ignore all of the hurtful things that's been said to him and had always tried to do everything that his brothers found pleasing in a desperate attempt to get on everybody's good side. Difficult was one of the things you could use to describe those moments, but after a good amount of time, everyone eventually warmed up to him.

"Alright....... Let's do this" The country Yodeler ran his fingers through his hair in front of the mirror and proceeded to stuff the tiny box into his pocket. Today marks precisely the second year him and John had started dating, so tonight they were supposed to go out for dinner together. Hickory fixed the suit he had on, held his hands together and prayed to the heavens that everything would go perfect and according to plan.

With all of the confidence he managed to muster up, he opens the door and starts his walk towards the bunker. Hickory's heart was throbbing with excitement to the point where he's sure that people who are close enough could hear it beating. But mixed with the excitement is the fear and paranoia that their relationship will get destroyed after this night.

But seriously, who would've ever guessed that a small meet up with one of the friends you've betrayed would end up with you finding the man you love the most? There was no way he'd ever be able to repay Poppy for giving him another shot at redemption, at the same time indirectly leading him to meet the most dazzling and amazing troll ever.

The troll smiled like a goofy little idiot as he continued to walk towards the bunker, his anxiety completely fading away at the thought of his ever loving boyfriend, and before he knew it, his feet were now in front of the Bunker's trapdoor.

"Branch?" Hickory knocked. "Johnny? Anybody there?"

"About time you showed up, get in" Clay popped out and pulled him inside without giving him the chance to speak.

"Woah, easy there" Hickory backed away from his grip and tidied up his clothes, "Do you have any idea how long it took me to get ready?"

"That's cute and everything but this is important. John Dory ran away without talking to us and we're worried."

"Excuse me?? What did you just say?" The cowboy went pale.

Clay ignored him until the lift went all the way to the bottom, then began to pull Hickory towards the main area. "We'll talk more with the others, just follow me"

He simply walked behind him in silence while every single worse case scenario played in his head. Did John run away from their date? No! That's stupid, They've been together for two years! He knows from the bottom of his heart that John would never do that........... Right?

"Everyone! Hickory's here!"

He snapped out of his thoughts upon hearing Clay yell.

"Where is he??" Hickory immediately went over to where Branch and Floyd were at.

"Well...... at first we thought that John Dory went to you? But seeing how you reacted, I guess not?" Branch replied

"Me?"