The Interview

I am a nervous wreck, watching my friend get interviewed by five seniors from our college's technical club. Trust me, if I could, I would have bolted in the opposite direction by now, but right now I am carrying the responsibility of our entire team on my delicate shoulders.

After our college Hackathon and getting shortlisted for our project, my friend and I were on cloud nine. This was the first thing we had truly participated in since starting college, and it felt like the beginning of something new. Did I mention were only in the second semester of our second year? pathetic right after wasting a good year and a half, now my brain seems to starts catching up with others.

Vey Fast Sham very fast

So, here I am, a huge introvert—no, a coward. A coward because I want to try and experience everything, but nobody ever seems to approach me. Not in a "pick me" kind of way; I just have a problem starting conversations. Once you get me talking, though, I wont stop. I didnt even get to enjoy my fresher party because of this fear of feeling left out. There was a ramp walk show, and we needed a male partner. Since I didnt have one, I claimed I wasnt interested.

Pathetic, I know, but dude it saved me from embarrassment.

Now, Im really trying to step out of my comfort zone. You see, Im about to give an interview. Okay, that's a lie—Im forced into it because I let my excitement over getting shortlisted for the interview slip to my parents.

As I sit here, my heart pounds like a drum in my chest. My friend, cool as a cucumber, answers question after question and even flirting in between with them. Meanwhile, Im rehearsing my responses in my head, trying to mask the anxiety threatening to swallow me whole.

These seniors are intimidating dude. Each question makes me feel dumber and dumber (silent internal cries). I cant help but imagine myself tripping and falling at every one of them. My friend, bless her confidence, seems to be enjoying this shit and bitch even and the audacity to laugh in between, while here Im barely keeping it together.

OH! My god I am going to mess this up, I am going to go blank and then forget everything. Shit, I don't know anything I can't do this. I..I ...I gotta go from here

I glance at my friend, signaling her silently then I am bolting out of there but she being a dimwit gives me a gesture in front of everyone to now take her place in front of them. Seems like Its my turn, and I can't run.

Revenge will be taken Jeet and It will be brutal, this is the top ten anime betrayals.

I straighten my back and prepare to face the panel.

Here goes nothing.