Chapter One

I look out my window and let out a heavy sigh. Today is the day of my parents' "great house party". Which,  dosent make any sence because they throw a party almost every other week, always claiming it will be better than the last.
If it were up to me i would hide in my room the whole time. But the last time I was cought skipping their house party, I found myself cleaning the stable all week. I don't think I'll be able to look at a horse stall for a long time.

"Julian! You better be getting ready up there!"
I rolled my eyes and threw my feet off the bed,
"I am!" I yelled back.
Looking to the side i try to take a good look at the outfit that I supposed to wear for tonight's party. It was neatly folded, but I could make out a white collared undershirt and a vest that was an aquamarine color, almost a deep blue. From the side of it, I could see gold accents and floral designs.

"Julian! I don't hear getting ready!"
I sigh.
"I'm working on it!"
Standing up I take the clothes and walk over to the mirror. I place them on the dresser, Taking a closer look at myself. I was wearing a white tunic that had been stained with so much dirt thay my mother refused to let me wear it outAlong with Brown trousers with various scuffs and miscellaneous stains.
I touched my face, pausing, I had dark brown shaggy hair that hung over my eyes and ears. My parents had been nagging me about getting it cut soon. It's improper for someone of my status. They think I look like a beggar.
I look over to my window and let out another defeated breath. Maybe it was time for a haircut. I turn back and quickly put on my outfit before admiring myself in the mirror. It fit like a glove. The vest was covered in gold accents. However, what I didn't see was the silver.  It ran across my chest in a beautiful pattern that took my breath away.

"Julian!?"
Startled, I looked around frantically. Before looking at my mother standing in the doorway. I was a bit embarrassed and averted my gaze.

"Hello, mother."
"Well, don't you sound enthusiastic? I came up to see if you were getting ready. We're going to have guests within the hour, " she said.
She looked at me up and down and I could see a slight smile. She walked over to me, taking a strand of my hair in her hand.

"If only you would do something about this rat's nest, you know it is-" I cut her off. Stepping back.
"Yes, improper. I know," I looked down at my dress shoes, the awkward silence sinking in. I was almost starting to think we were going to have a nice conversation.
"Well... tidy up some more and at least try to make it look like you take care of your hair," Stepping back she took one last look at me.

"Despite your hair," she paused and took a deep breath "Your vest and pants look nice. I knew they would fit." She smiled to herself.
I drew my hand through my hair, feeling a bit insecure. Personally I quite liked it.
"Well. This was a nice chat. But I better get going," she said with her back turned as she walked to the door. She stopped and turned.
"And I better see you at the party or the stables will be calling your name." She laughed and closed the door behind her.

I was so screwed.