My Fellow Guardian

Disclaimer: I do not own Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

Warnings: Ratings and genre may change as the story progresses. This is mostly about everyone watching a person's past.

Summary: The Rainbow curse is about to be lifted. But before that, drama occurs between Kawahira and Skull.

Author's Note:

I am very sorry! (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞

I mentioned that I would try to update the story every week, but it extended into a month ╥﹏╥

The reason is that I had written the next chapters on my notepad but accidentally deleted them while my behind was exhausted! ('◡')

Extra Note: There can be some incorrect phrases and grammar. If you see any, please let me know.

[*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]

"Return the pacifiers?" Tsunayoshi gasped.

He was not the only one who was perplexed. Except for the Cloud Arcobaleno, who seemed to stare at Kawahira more intently.

"Skull-Kun.. What is he talking about?" Enma inquired.

He did not respond to him. Instead, he gazed directly into Kawahira's eyes. "What are you trying to accomplish now, Checker Face?"

Said man tilted his head, as if bewildered. "Hm? Nothing? I just need some assurance from you." He grinned. "Your memories returned, correct? When was it again?" He tilts his head to the opposite side. "Ah, yes. After the Future that would never be."

'Skull's memories?' The others were confused. As for the Arcobalenos, they were well aware that their resident cloud was amnesiac but had no idea he recovered his memories following that event.

Skull's expression remains unreadable. "You are unusually attentive towards me, are you not?"

Kawahira laughed with delight. "Would it not be a cause for celebration once you discover you are not the sole pure earthling?" He looked at the current Sky Arcobaleno, who was being pushed behind them by the other arcobalenos so as to protect her from the administrator. "Yuni-Chan is only half Earthling, after all. But you..." He gazed at Skull again, his eyes glinting. "You are very similar to me. Pure. Do I not have the right to be happy?"

Skull narrowed his eyes. "After what you and Sepira did? No, you do not."

Yuni startled. 'Great Grandmother? What did she do to Uncle Skull?'

Kawahira pouted. "That is incredibly cruel of you. I am only doing what I was told to do. It was very difficult on me, you know? If you were to fault someone, it would be Sepira herself. This is what she desires, after all... What she envisioned."

"And what did it cost?" Skull questioned.

Kawahira grimaced. "Indeed... She did it for the greater good, as she always claims, and the cost was our people."

Skull glared at him. "And still, you followed her, knowing what it entails."

Kawahira breathed. "As her guardian, it was my duty to support her." He stared at the cloud. "Would you, my fellow guardian, not do the same?"

What?

Checker Face was a guardian? Sepira's Mist Guardian?

They stared at Cloud Arcobaleno. And Skull was Sepira's Cloud Guardian?

Skull clicked his tongue. "I am not obsessive to the point where I will comply with her every whim simply because she wants it. Unlike you." He glared at Checker Face again. "I have my reasons for granting her request to be her guardian."