Chapter five

They dragged me to a huge closet and dressed me up in a crystal body suit made of red rubies. And red heels.
"There you're ready," the stylist said smiling ignoring the pain and hatred in my eyes.
"Time to attend the gala," the woman said, who had the remote. She led me to the gala and brought me over to a table.
"Your dress is so pretty," said a celebrity I remembered from TV. But I wasn't paying attention to her I was paying attention to the girl next to her. The girl had pain in her eyes and a bruise on her throat that looked like it was from a needle. And she wasn't eating her food just picking at it.
"Who are you" I asked the girl, she wouldn't meet my eyes and kept looking into the distance.
"Help" she whispered, both of our sponsors looked at us. Hers grabbed her arm and left the room, mine,
"Be quiet and smile at the cameras, you need these people to adore you. Otherwise, you will lose the games"
"Okay"
"Come with me before the cameras turn on," she said dragging me back to the closet and putting me in a white dress.
"Now go win," she said pushing me out into the gala lights. I walked towards the lights with my head up. The promise I made to my dad was that I would win at all costs. So I put on a show smiling and laughing.
"Welcome Victoria," said Liem the second great, great, great, great, great, great-grandson of Jimmy Fallon. Sadly he inherited none of his kindness.
"Now how are you"
"I'm fine" I smiled
"Good, are you excited for the game of a lifetime" he said knowing the true answer
"Absolutely" I lied
"I heard from a little birdy Victoria that your mom was in the games," he said cruelly
"She was" Victoria grinded her teeth together
"And a winner at that looks like people we have a champion here," he said flashing a smile at the camera
"Oh Liem, don't be too ambitious, you know that I will win," I said looking directly at the camera
" ah, hahaha, she's fiery too" he laughed
"Want to see something a little more fiery" Victoria smiled slily
"Absolutely," he exclaimed, Victoria stood up and walked to the center of the stage. And pulled a lighter out and dropped it. Her dress burned away to reveal a red silk dress and leather pants.
"Oh, did you see that did you see that guys, she wasn't lying she truly is fiery"