Dear Diary, I'm quite lucky

A/N : A short update but please bear with me. I'm kinda busy, and I cannot really update everyday. I really really appreciate the support and love, but I'm in my twelfth so I've got studies, classes and extra-curricular stuff too, being expected to perform well everywhere, it cuts down my time on wattpad and other platforms. I do understand the eagerness to read the next chapter but I cannot update daily. I've been updating frequently with the time I get. This year is extremely crucial for me and I cannot afford ruining it up. So please please understand.

01/05/22

Dear Diary,

I believe luck doesn't favour everyone everytime.

Luck hasn't always favoured me either.

But I do think I'm quite lucky

Given the friends and family I got, to support me through all ups and downs, I think I'm quite lucky, actually the luckiest.

Shubman's gaze travelled towards Jugnu who was busy arguing over the phone.

" No you listen to me! The audacity he had of stirring rumours about Shubman Gill! Shubman Gill to be crying out loud! Does he know the consequences? Listen to me, I shan't hear a word against my cousin!"

He sighed,
" Jugnu—"

" Chup kar! Making a mountain out of a molehill? Excuse me? Are you even hearing yourself? Listen to me, I can very well cross my limits if these rumours aren't taken down! So what if he's a public figure? You'll throw dirt on his reputation to gain limelight? Disgusting and cheap!"

" Chup karao isse." Shubman let out a tired sigh.

" Haa jaise hone vala hai. He won't shut up even if you ask him to. He cares about your reputation more than you do."

" Isn't that your work Seb?"

" He...he beats me to it every time."

" Jugnu...Jugnu yaar...bass yaara."

Jugnu frowned fiercely at him.

" Shut up! I'm clearing out your name! They cannot publish any shit like that!"

" You're lucky y'know?" Shubman suddenly turned towards the door as Sara walked in.

She smiled softly, making his heart race.

She was wearing casual for a change today.

A blue t-shirt with loose white pants, her hair tied, and Shubman looked at himself, realising he was wearing a blue hoodie as well and he bit back a smile as he looked back at her.

She carried this look so good as well.

" Yeah, I'm aware." He nodded.

" You should be! You don't always get best-friends and cousins both like Jugnu. The way he is so fiercely possesive of you is really admirable."