Episode 5: Enter The Bully, Part 1

SCENE 1A

The episode opens with a shot of the sun rising over the city skyline. The next shot shows a train running along the elevated track. We pan down from the bridge to the tramway, then follow it to the corner on Hester Street. Camera pans to the alley behind the corner store and zooms in to reveal the mouse neighborhood. There, the adult mice are cheerfully at work, some tend to their mouse-sized shops and houses. A group of children are seen laughing and playing.

We pan over to the Mousekewitz family house on the front end of the alley, and zoom into the front door. Cut to Mama putting two bowls of kasha porridge on the table, before she calls for Fievel with her voice.

MAMA: Fievel? Fievel! Breakfast is ready!

-Fievel is seen running down the stairs dressed in his red sweater and blue pants, carrying his blue hat in his left hand- FIEVEL: Morning, Mama! I'm coming!

-Fievel hugs his mama, then he sits at the table where Tanya is, and the two siblings enjoy their breakfast-

FIEVEL: Mama, Tanya, I had an amazing dream that I took a trip out west.

Tanya looks at Fievel, bewildered.

TANYA: Out west? You mean where the cowboys are?

FIEVEL: Right, it was amazing, and I did something really terrific there, too.

Mama, feeding Baby Yasha, eyes Fievel with a smile.

MAMA: That's nice, Fievel, dear.

TANYA: Tell us what you did, Fievel.

Fievel smiles at Tanya, clearly happy that she is interested.

FIEVEL: It started like this, I was dressed as a tough-looking cowboy, and was walking through this town in the middle of a desert and suddenly I looked ahead and saw a huge gang of mean outlaw cats. They were surrounding the town sheriff, who was a dog.

MAMA: (not quite understanding) Excuse me?

FIEVEL: So I stepped in, I showed how quick I was at drawing a gun, and the cats ended up running away in fright. Then, the sheriff declared me a hero and made me his deputy, gave me a badge and everything.

TANYA: (amazed) Wow. And then what happened?

FIEVEL: Oh. That was when I woke up. Anyway, wasn't that amazing?

TANYA: (smiles) It sure was.... Deputy Fievel!

Fievel blushes at being called "deputy" .

FIEVEL: Thanks, Tanya. (quickly finishes his porridge) All done. I'm going out to play, mama!

MAMA: Just be back in time for lunch!

FIEVEL: (puts his hat on) Will do!

SCENE 1B

Fievel now is strolling through the neighborhood of New York, finding a place to set his imagination free. He finds a good spot near a schoolyard. Fievel begins to take to a foot skip with his hands held up in front of him as though grasping reigns, the background suddenly fades a fantasy of being his cowboy persona, Philly the Kid, out west, he rides a small wooden toy horse through the open plains. A bright cheerful Western tune is heard in the score.

He presently reaches a mouse-size Western town, rides through until he comes to the town square.

FIEVEL: Whoa, Chester!

He comes to a stop and begins looking in all directions. The sun shines among clouds, winds are low, the mouse townsfolk are busy socializing in front of the buildings and the children, of course, are playing happily.