Valentine's Day Special: A Valentine's Day Tail

SCENE 1

The scene opens on the Statue of Liberty with the New York City skyline in the background. A tugboat passes by while pulling a barge. Then, we slowly zoom into the city skyline. Crossfade to the next scene showing the platform of Grand Central station where a passenger train departs after the conductor calls out "All aboard!" At the same time, on the other track, another passenger train arrives before coming to a complete stop. A couple get off the train before they eventually exit the station. Outside they board a horse-drawn carriage. Crossfade to a group of pedestrians walking through Central Park. The horse-drawn carriage we saw earlier arrives and comes to a stop. Cut to the underside of the carriage which has a mouse-sized box. A group of mice get off. Among them are Tony and Bridget.

TONY: Well, here we are, Bridget!

BRIDGET: Oh, Tony, this is the most wonderful day ever!

TONY: (chuckles) Nothing beats a nice little stroll in Central Park. C'mon!

-The two mice walk through the grass before coming close to a pond. Tony sees some flat stones on the ground, and he gets an idea. He picks one up and throws it. Bridget watches as the stone skips on the water a few times before splashing-

TONY: Ta-da! See if you do that triple skip, Bridge! Hehe.

BRIDGET: (giggles and picks up a flat pebble) Watch this.

-Tony watches as Bridget throws the stone making it skip on the water-

TONY: That was a great throw! Where'd you learn to do that?

BRIDGET: (smiles) Well, when I was a little girl in Ireland, my father and I would stop by a pond. He'd pick up a stone and throw it. I watched how he did it, and I tried to make a stone skip myself. And I did it!

TONY: Amazing! Like how a fish takes to water, eh? (chuckles)

BRIDGET: Oh, you! (giggles)

Then, Bridget finds a sharp pointed stone and looks up at a nearby tree. An idea hits her. She runs up to the tree and starts to carve a heart shape onto the tree. After that, she carves the letter T in the left side of the heart shape and carves the letter B in the right side.

BRIDGET: What do you think of it, Tony?

TONY: (gasps in amazement and smiles) I love it! Doesn't look so bad. (chuckles) A piece of artwork.

BRIDGET: (smiles in response) Yes. (then a thought occurs to her) Remember the time we first met, Tony? I was having a rally with the other mice when you came into my life.

-Crossfade transition to a flashback where Tony is wandering the streets with Fievel trailing, before Tony sees Bridget and the two meeting. We hear Tony and Bridget's voices during the flashback-

TONY: (V.O.) Huh? Oh, that's right. How could I ever forget that? Hehehe. I was with Filly helping him look for his family when I saw you. It was love at first sight.

BRIDGET: ​​(in flashback) Wait a minute. Come back! Where are you going? (Tony shows up with a flower) Oh. So, if we all got together, we could do something about the...cats.

TONY: (in flashback) Yeah. Cat. Ca...

BRIDGET: Cat.

-Tony and Bridget kiss before the flashback ends, crossfade back to the present-day scene-

TONY: (chuckles) I'll never forget that moment.

BRIDGET: And then, I joined you and Filly to find his family. And along the way, our relationship was born.