Halloween decorating and kitchen concerts

Waking up in Alex's bed is something I have become used to. It has been days since the break-in and I still haven't stepped a foot in my room. Often if I need anything from in there my brothers happily offer to grab it for me, and so I have taken up a residence in my eldest brothers bed.

When I wake up it's only me, which isn't uncommon, Alex gets up super early. I make my way downstairs, Spencer is sitting in the kitchen drinking a mug of coffee.

He's taking Noah and I shopping today.

"Hey princess, how did you sleep?" he greets me, opening his arms for a hug.

I enter them cheerfully.

"I slept really well, Alex gives the best cuddles" I grin, feeling Spencer tickle me in response. I laugh and take a seat beside him and he stands to make me some breakfast since Mo isn't here on weekends.

"I ordered your cheer uniform so we can pick that up today as well, you're going to look so cute" Spencer tells me.

Tryouts went well and Jess and I made the team yesterday. Coach was impressed with my flexibility and core strength and said I will be a flyer. I'm so excited about it actually.

Coach commented on Jess' great upper and lower body strength, making her perfect for a base, which she is so thrilled about. We shrieked when we made the team and all had a mini stretch class with the rest of the team, who mostly seemed nice enough - other than Clara who sent daggers my way.

"I can't believe I'm going to be a flyer Spencer! Are you going to come watch at Noah's basketball game in a couple of weeks?" I ask, just as I hear the kitchen door opening.

"There's no way you're being thrown in the air by a bunch of pre-teens" I hear Lou scowl.

Spencer sighs and places some eggs in front of me before responding.

"Alex and I already talked to Elle about it, she knows not to do anything she's uncomfortable with. Right sweetheart?" Spencer turns to me, waiting for a reply.

"Right" I smile and then peer up at Lou who doesn't seem impressed at all.

"Oh Spencer" I begin, I hadn't asked him about picking up a costume for Jo yet.

"I was wondering. You know my friend Jo from school? She never buys lunch so I give her half of mine and she always eats it so it's not that she's not hungry. I think she might have money problems, of course I don't know for sure, but she mentioned how she won't be able to get a costume for the dance. I was thinking maybe we could pick her something up?" I ask warily, I know he won't say no but I don't think he'll respond to me halving my lunch very well.

"Firstly, you should have told me about this earlier, I would've made sure to pack more in your lunch box. Secondly, of course we can pick her something up sweetheart" he begins sternly but smiles adoringly when my eyes light up when he finishes speaking.

"Really?" I grin.

"Of course" Spencer finishes, ruffling my hair and taking his own dish over to the dishwasher.

ELLE

The shopping centre is crowded today, given it's a Saturday, the one before halloween, then it is to be expected.

I cling to Spencer's hand, his other carrying the bags with our costumes, we just need to grab my cheer uniform and then we can grab lunch and go.

We finally make it to the uniform shop which is nowhere near as chaotic as outside of the doors. Spencer takes us to the front desk but I notice Noah stop when he spots his friend, Clara. She must be picking up her cheer uniform today too.