Denial

Ulgar treaded through the hallway trying to get to his next class when he ran into something that slightly caught his eye. A long white table with two small boxes on each side, with pens right next to each, and a stack of cards in the middle of the table. Above that table was a sign that practically yelled "PROM KING AND QUEEN VOTING!!!!" "Holy shit." Ulgar remembered and mumbled to himself "Crap. I forgot it was prom season." Suddenly he felt something. Not something, someone pulled his wool beanie off of his head revealing his dark shaggy hair. Ulgar turned around not surprised to see Luca. Ulgar annoyed thought to himself "Just great, simply perfect. The FIRST person to willingly talk to me today and it just has to be him? Whatever its better than nothing." The charmingly annoying boy smirked at Ulgar and started to talk to him saying ''Hey emo boy!" To which Ulgar replied with "Dude you know my name. Also, give me my hat back!"

Luca looked at Ulgar and in a sarcastic tone giggling "Okay Mr. Lone wolf! No need to get so defensive about it!" Ulgar sighed and told Luca "Dude I gotta get to my next class I'll see you later." Luca said back "Alright I guess I gotta go too. Bye!" And tossed him his hat back to him. Although it was nearing the end of the school year and Ulgar had memorized all the quickest ways to get to all his classes something was distracting him "Maybe it's the fact that prom's coming up. Or maybe it's because of Luca. What if it's both? NO FUCKIN WAY THAT'S IT. I would never like him! Wait would I...?" he thought to himself. In all of his jumbled-up thoughts, it hadn't struck him that he was already in class. "Finally, it's the end of the day we can all go home now." Is what Ulgar thought right until he got a text from Quitrerie reading "Hey I need to be at a shift rn so u have to pick up Funi" Ulgar replied, "Wait u have a job also why do I have to???" "Because everyone else is busy now get over there" Quitterie impatiently responded. wich Ulgar texted back arrogantly "k whatever"

"Took you long enough!!" Funi exclaimed, "mhm I know." Ulgar replied, "So I heard that prom is coming soon." Funi said in a teasing manner "Yeah what about it?" Ulgar ignorantly questioned, "So are you gonna ask anyone out in particular?" Ulgar turned to her in genuine confusion "What do you mean by that?" Funi mentioned with a smug look "Y'know like I dunno someone whose name starts with an L perchance?" "I not even gonna reply to this kid." He thought slightly flustered "Oooooooo! You're blushing! You like him! I know what you are!" "First of all, you can't just say 'perchance.' Second of all that doesn't prove anything anyone would be embarrassed if you said that!" "Okay, I guess." The girl said slightly disappointed. "OK, I gotta go now! Byeeeeee!" "Kay bye kid." As he drove home he thought to himself "Why would anyone ever think that me and Luca go well together? I tried to kill him once!" He sighed "It's no big deal though...Right?"