seven

"I would have waited forever for you princess." Travis told me, taking my face in his hands. I blushed, sinking into the feeling of his skin against mine with a sigh.

"I brought a blanket." I whispered. "I thought we might need it."

Travis nodded, taking it from my hands. He used his foot to shift some of the snow out of the way, clearing it a little before lying the blanket down. Then he held out a hand to me and I smiled, taking it. We sat down side by side on the blanket, Travis weaving his fingers through mine.

"Princess I do not want you to think I only feel for your body." Travis murmured. "I feel for your heart, for your mind, for every part of you."

"I know." I nodded. "I want this. I want you, and I want you to be my choice."

"I want you too princess." Travis slipped his hand into my hair, giving a light tug. Leaning forwards, I met him in the middle for a soft kiss, sighing happily at the warm contact. "Can I tell you I love you princess?" He whispered.

"Yes." I breathed.

In my experience, when you knew love, you knew love. Well, in my experience from seeing other people in love. They met, and within a few days they just knew that love was what they had. Married a few days later. That was how our society worked, and it worked perfectly. Most of the time.

"I love you princess."

Love. I was loved.

"I love you too, my love." I let the words fall naturally from my lips. Travis smiled against my mouth, stroking my cheek. "I wish we could have each other."

"We can have each other tonight." He reminded me. 

"Tonight." I agreed.

I was given another kiss, and this time there was the promise of so much more. Heat throbbed in places of my body I had never felt before, and it was terrifying, but the most incredible thing in the world. I adored the feeling, and I wanted so much more. Travis held me close like he wanted more than just my body, like he wanted every part of me as well. Our words faded, replaced by soft touches and kisses. Every touch was new to me, and it set me aflame.

Travis touched my waist, asking for permission, and I nodded eagerly. His hands slipped down lower, tugging at the velvet of my dress. It exposed my calves, knees, thighs, and then stopped. Opening my eyes, I looked at Travis to see him gazing at me like he was not sure about this any longer. 

"Are you okay?" I whispered.

"Princess." Travis sighed. "I know this is your first time...but...it is mine too."

"It is?" I asked, and he nodded. 

"I always wanted to save myself until I was married, just like you." He admitted. "But you make me feel things I never imagined, and I have to have you princess. I just want you to know that I do not go around doing this, and that this is my first time too."

"There is no need to be nervous my love." I said, even though I was a cluster of nerves myself. "We do not need to shy from each other. We want this, and we can have this. It will be perfect no matter what. I love you."

"I love you too princess." Travis told me, placing his lips back against mine. He continued to lift my dress up, exposing my skin to the cool winter air of the night. The white shift I was wearing was thin, sheer, hinting at the undergarments beneath. Travis gently helped me to extract my arms from the sleeves of my dress, placing it on the edge of the blanket. "Will you not be too cold princess?" He asked, skinning his hands down my sides. I shook my head, reaching for the jacket of his brilliant suit.