𝟎𝟒𝟖. 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬

BACK TO HALLOWED HALLS
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-eight,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-eight, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

September 2nd, 2002

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

I BARGE THROUGH THE DOOR TO ADDY'S HOUSE, and I immediately engulf her in a hug. Thankfully, her mother isn't here as her car wasn't outside, so I was able to barge in and greet my best friend after a month of not seeing one another due to her family holiday.

Surprised but delighted, she hugs me back, and we make silly, girly squealing noises at one another which, to an outsider, definitely don't make sense, but we basically said, "I missed you!" in squeals.

When I free her, I plant my hands on her shoulders and ask, "Was it good?"

"Spent a week telling my brother I'm planning to go to Juilliard— he nearly choked on his pasta... Honestly, I wish he did," Addy begins, and I can only imagine it getting worse from here. "Spent another week trying to get a tan, but it rained, and then when the weather was nice, I ended up burning all my skin. Ow, by the way." She sighs, and she chooses to sit down. "And then I spent two weeks arguing with my mother about anything and everything. So, in conclusion, I had a jolly good time."

I sit down across from her, sympathy all over my face because, of course, her holiday wasn't luxurious as it should be. "So, just a classic Sloane holiday then?"

"Plus my brother's girlfriend."

   My eyes widen, intrigued and shocked. "Josh has a girlfriend? Since when?"

   Addy shrugs. "I don't know. I gave her my condolences though." Addy grins wickedly, and I grin right back at her. She definitely is the type of person to give her brother's girlfriend prayers for dating him, and I can't help but find that amusing.

   "She pretty?"

   "Oh, yeah. Like Elizabeth Hurley pretty."

   My eyes widen. "Josh is with somebody as pretty as Elizabeth Hurley?" Addy nods, and I sink into the couch, surprised. "Wow."

   "Oh, and him bringing his girlfriend led to the uncomfortable conversation of Nathan, and I had to explain why we weren't together," Addy drawls on, waving her hands to emphasis her point. "Anyway, my mom and brother collectively agrees it's my fault."