The old yellow house

I tried to keep up with my mom but the breeze kept pulling me back. How I wish i would just fly away in the wind forgetting everything and just wanting to know where it would take me. But don't we all. So I just kept moving along. Finally we came to the house.

I Stepped along the stone path (or at least what was left of it) until the path cut off the. I looked up at the stairs made of oak wood that was all beaten up and I took a step onto it that thing could have given in at anytime but when I was about to go tot the next step, that's when it decided it's time was up. I was stuck in the first step. I had thought to myself could this day possibly get any worse? Of course it could, but I had no time to think about what could possibly make this day worse so I started trying to pull my foot out of the broken wood. I finally got my foot out all scraped and bruised. I had felt miserable and of course to make it all better she said well that could have been avoided. Yeah, I muttered while making my way to my room, because I knew for a fact that my foot would get stuck in an old piece of wood today.

I slammed the door closed and fell onto my bed. I sighed and thought why am I even here and why is this part of my life even worth living. Then I remembered. I turned my head 90 degrees from its current state and saw the only thing that mattered to me on these kind of days. There it was. I like to call it the special spot. A few years ago part of my wall started rotting and so instead of taking it and filling it back in, they built it farther out then the rest of the wall and put a window right smack in the center of it.
A few years back after they had added the special spot I had put in a chair so I could sit down and look at the glorious masterpiece in the middle of Paris. The Eiffel Tower.

That night I had fallen asleep on the chair watching the tower light up. When I woke up in the middle of the night I felt something inside of me. Something lit up. Before getting up out of the chair I had a slight argument with myself saying just get up! But at the same time I'm too lazy. Then I looked out the window and something drew me closer to the tower than before.

I went downstairs and found an old rickety foldable ladder and I dragged it from its current state to my room. Then I opened up the window and I saw it again and I said to myself if my mom finds out she will be furious. But as I was thinking that in my head I saw myself climbing down the ladder anyways.

As I got off the ladder I was excited with a hint of nervous. But I still kept running this time not through the alley but through trees almost as if I didn't need a guide at all I just looked up saw the tower and looked down I heard leaves crunching under my feet and animals darting across the forest. For some strange reason though I felt cold and then I realized I had forgotten a jacket.

I felt so ridiculously stupid to keep running. I mean when have I stopped running in this time frame? I don't think I have? That nervousness was really starting to get on my nerves creeping up on me so fast like that. Just as I said that I hit the brakes on my feet so fast and then looked in front of me and saw that about 2 inches away was a giant piece of metal that just happened to be the leg of the Eiffel Tower.

I scurried to get to the stairs. It's not like I was nervous anymore but it's just that there is ice under my feet. I decided to climb the steps because when you are standing at the foot of the Eiffel Tower at midnight and nobody is there why not? I climbed for maybe 20 minutes until I got to the platform almost wanting to curl up and fall asleep on the floor right then. But I saw a dark figure of a boy who looked about my age. He was wearing a red shirt and some kakis. He look over at me with a confused face and said care to join me? I looked at the amazing view and nodded.