Chapter 1 - Haunting Memories

A pitch-black room surrounded him - he could see nothing. Everything was dark, giving off a sense of uneasiness. There was something wrong with it. He felt something was wrong with himself. His blue hair felt heavy; a burden upon his already aching head, his arms felt detached, his legs couldn't hold him up. Suddenly, a light flickered in the room, like a ray of hope. He could see something in the distance. A shadow perhaps? He couldn't make out the shape, it was too complex for him to handle. His head ached even more as he approached it. Then, more lights started glowing, turning the room bright white in colour. He was blinded for a second, his eyes couldn't handle the immense light glowing in the room. Then, a voice called out to him from behind. He turned around to find a large wooden door in the side of the wall, begging to be opened. His body started moving towards the door, the figure long forgotten. He twisted the doorknob, it was unlock. The door creaked as it opened.

He could see more doors on the other side. The voice kept calling out to him. He opened another door. More doors appeared in front of him. It was like a never-ending maze of doors. He opened more and more. Suddenly, all the doors closed behind him. The voice, could now be heard singing faintly. Footsteps approached him, turning louder and louder by the second. The voice spoke up, a faint sense of sadness could be felt in it.
"You couldn't save her, could you? All you did was stand back and watch as she suffered endless pain. She saved you from your miserable fate and this is what you gave her back? You don't deserve your title; you're just a wretched and scared insect cowering in the shadows."

He shut his eyes and covered his ears with his hands. He could not come to accept the fact that he was responsible for it. This can't be happening. S-Somebody please save me. I don't know what's happening. Suddenly, the entire place changed, his memories started showing up everywhere. That day, that day where he lost everything that made him. He couldn't bare it anymore; it was too much. He shut his eyes tightly and sat there, screaming for help, asking for it to be stopped.
------------------------------------------------------------

Noir woke up from the vivid nightmare. He was sweating profusely, gasping for breath. He felt relieved to know it was just a dream. It was all just a dream? He got up from his bed, and slowly approached his desk. His wrists felt stiff from clutching at them for so long. He opened a drawer and removed a strange gadget. It was a spherical device with the surface raised in some places. Grey and pink in colour, it had a button in the middle in the shape of a heart. He pressed the button and the device started recording.
"Day 1095, hello to the other side. It's been three years since I have come to this planet, Earth. It has also been three years since... that 'incident'. I'm still being haunted by the memories. I've given up on trying to return. I think I will be spending the rest of my life here. My 'human' friends have invited me to go shopping with them. So, I need to get ready now..." There was knock at the door.
"Noir, are you ready yet? We are all here and we need to leave immediately."
"Looks like they are here already."

Noir stopped the recording, turned the device off and slid it into the desk again. He replied to the voice, "Coming. Just give me five minutes." He hopped into the shower and had a nice and hot bath. After that, he got ready and opened the door.
"You took so long that I aged ten years by the time you came out," said Aurora, mockingly.
"Well, sorry. I just woke up."
"You're as lazy as always. Anyways, come on. We need to go now."
Aurora grabbed Noir by his hand and started dragging him out the house. Noir, knowing that retaliation would be futile, allowed her to drag him. Outside, Leo and Scarlet were waiting for them. Aurora came out, with Noir being dragged along.
"Are you all ready to go now?" asked Leo
"Yeah, if I am able to stand up."
"Oh, my bad."
Noir started walking down the road and the others quickly followed him. From the corner of his eye, he noticed a hooded man staring at him from a distance. The hood covered his face, so he couldn't make out the details. Noir brushed it off and continued walking.
"So, where is this mall we are headed to?"
"Oh, it's right down the road." replied Noir, pointing forward.

The mall was a huge building which was recently constructed. It was around four floors with large shops which displayed their items behind glass, in a way that would lure any customer into it. When they reached the mall, Noir noticed the man again. Who is he? But, before he was able to approach him, he was pulled into the mall by the others.
"There're so many shops. And everything looks so nice. I want to buy everything in here." said Scarlet, here eyes gleaming at the thought of all the nice clothes she could buy.
"And I'm not paying for that" replied Leo.
Everybody was captivated by the bright and vibrant shops. Everything around them looked like a haven. As he was about to go into one of the shops, Noir was approached by the hooded man. He didn't speak anything for a while. Who is he? But before he could ask him anything, the hooded man showed him a picture
"Do you remember her?"
------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N)
Hey, if you're reading this, thanks for checking out my story. I know the story doesn't really make sense now, but all of these 'loose ends' will gradually make sense as you progress in the story. The story is probably going to be split into multiple volumes, so this is going to be the Volume 1 of RiDE (that's how I like to call me story).
[Don't forget to vote]
Anyways, Happy Readings...